Ticats release National RB Maleek Irons

HAMILTON — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have released national running back Maleek Irons.

“We would like to thank Maleek for his three years with the Tiger-Cats organization and we wish him all the best in the future,” said Orlondo Steinauer, president of football operations and head coach of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/12/ticats-release-national-rb-maleek-irons/

Too bad, local fella, probably not a high enough profile to get much interest other places. All the best Maleek.

Maybe Doman’s Lions might pick him up? Not sure there’s a need for a big RB out there, but he grew up playing in Chilliwack.

1 Like

I thimk there is always room for a good honest tough local player who can do a lot of thiings well. Indigenous man as well.

1 Like

I always felt that Irons was a good running back, but was hampered with injuries. Was this still the case with him? I'm sorry to see him go.

Never know, there is a coach who loves multi talented guys and has some roster space....