TiCats promoters of a concert?

What do you think? Would love to Rush at Copps and a real TiCats flair to the whole thing with banners on Copps and all that. Could be successful I think.

HECFI does that.

We just need the Ticats to perfect the business of winning a few football games more than 3 times a year.

rush ... as in those metallic-screechers from toronto? you're kidding, right ...
they're so 70s ...

Rush is still going strong. Saw them last summer and September 2007, still sound great, their latest album's gone platinum. Their gonna come out with another album, should be done for 2010, maybe Hamilton can hook em for the new tour.

Hey, nothing wrong with Rush. They, along with many Canadian acts had a unique sound which set Canada apart on the international stage eg. Steppenwolf, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Saga, The Guess who, Gordon Lightfoot, The Band, Chilliwack, Triumph, April Wine, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Great Big Sea, Barenaked Ladies, Finger Eleven, Crowbar, A Foot In Cold Water, Carol Pope, Tom Cochrane, Neil Young, Honeymoon Suite, Lighthouse, Anne Murray, Junkhouse. Five Man Electrical Band and many others.

By the way, Neil Peart from -Rush- is not from Toronto. He was born on the family farm outside of Hagersville and grew up in Port Dalhousie in St. Catharines. Maybe Lifeson and Lee are from Toronto. I really don't know though.

I would love to see some special concerts in Hamilton by these legends. Gage Park has been proven to be a good outdoor venue. Maybe a Legends of Rock series of concerts from May to September at Gage Park could be a success. Many of the bands I listed have already played the bandshell in the past and were well received and attended. (Blood, Sweat and Tears, Great Big Sea and Honeymoon Suite to name a few)

I think HECFI does a descent job of getting good acts.

If the Cats want to promote concerts and make money at it, they would need to get an absolutely huge act and have them in IWS.

No offense to Rush but, they wouldn’t be worth promoting. They play concerts around here all the time.

If you want to promote bands, you need to promote the ones where you have a huge number of people interested.

I am thinking, U2 or the Stones. You need a band that has huge appeal that doesn’t tour here.

The Cats need to stay 100% clear because HECFI struggles to make money and they do most of the shows for Copps, Hamilton Place and Convention Centre.

Maybe a concert at IWS the night before our first game, or the day of? Or at Gage Park, harbourfront?

Confederation Park has hosted outdoor concerts in the past. I recall attending a Buddy Rich concert there one evening in the 70's.

I don't know who the promoter was and I can't remember if it was a one time thing or if there were any other concerts at Confederation.

From Wikipedia
Neil Peart (pronounced /?p??rt/) OC, (born Neil Ellwood Peart, September 12, 1952, Hamilton, Ontario) is a Canadian musician and author. He is best-known as the drummer and lyricist for the rock band Rush.

Peart grew up in Port Dalhousie, Ontario, Canada (now part of St. Catharines)

Sorry. I don't care what Wikipedia says, Neil Peart was born in the family farmhouse in Hagersville and then his parents moved to port Dalhousie from there. He never lived in Hamilton nor was he born there. His relatives are still all over Hagersville.

Wikipedia is 100% wrong on that Hamilton entry and it should be removed.

yeah and Gloria Estefan was born in Pettawawa.

Deerhunter is right, Neil Peart's early days were in Hagersville, his grandmother still lives there. Many others in his family still live in the area. His cousin owns the strawberry farm in York.

Thanks Steamer. I knew I was correct but just didn't want to argue the point. I stop by the Peart family farm quite often during strawberry season myself. What's early summer without red, strawberry stained fingers !

Damn, they are some good!

Thanks Guys

I stand corrected. (By the way, I know Wikipedia is not 100% accurate).

Go Cats, Go!

Don't sweat it. We're here to educate right? -smile-

And, by the way, Hagersville, Caledonia and all of Haldimand need all the shameless promotion they can get these days, as do the Six Nations Territory including Oshweken and the New Credit Territory. There's a lot of good, salt of the earth families and business people in all those communities, native and non-native, that deserve some good press and promotion.

Shop Haldimand
Shop Six Nations
Shop New Credit