Ticats practice update @ CGY

Strange … bringing in Bethune for a single practice right before 10 days of nothing happening locally.

Unless they plan to take him west and just let him fly after Bo and Trevor or Logan. He’s under weight for a CFL rush end, but he sure is quick and determined:

(Chances are you’ll enjoy his highlights more, with the sound turned off)

It looks like all questions about who will be or who will not be playing on Saturday will be answered when the depth chart comes out tomorrow .

Things I’m looking for and hoping for

Hoping that Laurent is good to go after missing the last two .

That Sutton has learned enough of the playbook to get on the active and contribute .

That Tasker is good to go and activated off of IL (although by the sounds of it it doesn’t look too promising at the moment)

That Shortill is good to go after missing the last game .

That Langa is good to go after going down with what looked like a serious injury last game .

That the team can somehow find a way to activate another DB for depth purposes considering what happened last game when we had 2 starters DQed and a reserve injured leaving us with very few warm bodies left in the hopper .

Willie Jefferson -ish.

that is one lean dude.

I thought Montford was under weight for DE but he was 15 lbs heavier and 2 inches shorter.

Highlight package looks good; transitioning to the pros may take a bit of time.

(I actually liked the beat…its modern, rather than having something as ancient as “sweet caroline” or some nonsense)

He is listed as a LB but with that kind of speed and motor they must have used him on a lot of blitzes. That’s probably why his sack totals in college were higher than most Defensive Ends.

Sounds like a guy the DC can use for special packages. Like when they really want to get into Bo Levi’s face. ;D

SPECIAL PACKAGES my foot. I want someone in BLM’s face and all over his arms and torso on every play.
Line him up and say sic em.

Time to give him a good beating. I hope our DBs are on their game Saturday.

Sounds good in theory if the front four can get to him but you can’t just blitz on every play. A good QB like Mitchell will just counter the blitz with screens and hot reads.

The Stampeders are reported to be very healthy, with perhaps the only change, from their line-up last week in Edmonton, being the return of DE Chris Casher, who missed that game after being involved in a car accident. WR Markeith Ambles, though, also out last week (ankle injury) is not expected to play against the TiCats.