Ticats Out Scored 66-38 in 1st Two Home games

as I posted in Headline
We have been outscored 66-38 in our 1st two homes
Games

We need to pick up vs Edmonton in Two weeks

Any Thoughts ?

If Gordon weren't injured on that last series it could have been a different result entirely.

I think once the Miles/Printers finally clicks (and it will happen soon) we're going to be just fine.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen these last two weeks. The first game was painful because it was full of "almosts". I think we're coming together quite nicely.

What people fail to realize is that Sask is a good team (despite the loss of many players). They beat BC and look what BC did to WPG this week.

We all knew the beginning part of our schedule would not be easy.

I broke down the game in my Blog BG
Spent last 6 Hours Watching the TSN HD Feed
I Taped on the PVR.
This team needs a few more Peaces.
The Majority of team is here
As they wanted out of Camp

Now Finding the Peaces and Getting Our Timing down on Offence. Will Only makes Better for Rematch in Regina.

One thing you can say is these Guys are not Quitters.
They have Fight to them
I Respect that .

How is Gordon anyway, anyone know, looked like he got knocked out. He played good again last night.

Lies, damn lies and statistics - out of the three statistics are the worst. This is such a lopsided statistic, it's not even funny. The way you phrase it makes it sound like we got blown out both games. We got blown out once and that's why that stat is so one-sided. The fact is the offense has picked it up dramatically in the two games since the blowout. We lost by four points in the second home game. There is no problem with the offense.

Your Right the offence did picked it up
I saw this and thought hmmm
What Did not say was We lead League in Rushing
Also We lead in all purpose yards

Offence is fine it Defence I am worried about.

I'm still not convinced that Miles is the legit deep threat we need. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Woodcock has made some outstanding clutch plays over the first three weeks. The decision to bring him to camp has paid off surprisingly well.

I though Bauman caught the ball well, but his feet seemed sluggish. The added weight I guess? Regardless of overall quickness or lack thereof, Bauman doesn't seem to show much hustle in general. Am I imagining this, or does anyone else see it?

Like you, I am mostly concerned about our defence. Especially the pass rush.

TICATS OUTSCORE OPPOSITION 32-13 IN GAME AWAY FROM HOME! :roll: :lol:

GORDON played well, i saw another nice tip drill to M.D. which eventually let to a TD. Next home game vs. Eskies , Ray is already licking his chops

[quote="safetyblitz"]

I though Bauman caught the ball well, but his feet seemed sluggish. The added weight I guess? Regardless of overall quickness or lack thereof, Bauman doesn't seem to show much hustle in general. Am I imagining this, or does anyone else see it?

Like you, I am mostly concerned about our defence. Especially the pass rush.

I'm quite satisfied with how the offense is doing. And they're only going to get better. Like most on here, I'm concerned about the defense too. While Durant played well, and I'll give him that, I was upset at how easy they could move up the field. Yes, we managed to make him hurry his throws and even knock him on his butt a number of times....but he still completed a large majority of those passes.

As for Bauman and his sluggishness....again, I'm not concerned. His job as a slotback is to get into a position (preferably 10 yards out) and catch the ball and survive the hits. Our wideouts are the ones who need breakneck speed.

When teams get scored upon a lot then they should lead in all purpose yards, the probably field more kickoffs.

I have noticed the Tiger-Cats have elected to have teams kick-off to them a lot this year too instead of scrimmaging from the 35 yard line after a field goal. So that may be of the reasons for the higher all-purpose yardage.

I think this also means they have a lot of confidence in Tre Smith and the return game and expect him to go for 25+ yards every kick-off.

• paul

Offense is pretty one dimensional at this point....Jesse Jesse and more Jesse.

Have we thrown a TD pass yet????

more like Jesse, Jesse, Tre, Casey Jesse.

No, because every time we've gotten into the red zone we've been able to run it in. We haven't needed to throw any.

Als4ever wrote,

Offense is pretty one dimensional at this point....Jesse Jesse and more Jesse.

Have we thrown a TD pass yet????

It hasnt been Jesse, Jesse, and more Jesse. Hey Printers hasnt thrown a td pass but has done everything but. Using a variety of receivers. Last game he threw to Miles, Bauman (90yards) Woodcock, Mitchell, Tre Smith,etc...

As JFL mentioned Printers gets them in the red zone and then Jesse punches it in. Definately our offense is not one dimensional!! and you will see the td passes come.

i'm glad to see the cats scoring touchdowns now. for far too many seasons they'd march to the other team's 30yd line, try to score on two long passes, then have ozzie kick a field goal. it was as predictable as sunrise. with a good running game the cats can hold onto the ball. if the cats have the ball the other team can't score.

Their redzone offense has been much more productive this year :thup: .