Ticats Ottawa-bound if stadium dies: Mitchell

Not helpful comments at all. That said, I suspect the Spec is making his comments a much bigger story than what they really are. The media is thriving on this story, make no mistake about it. In the end, it sells papers...

Why would anyone from Hamilton cheer for toronto?

I can’t think of any reason

I ask my Leaf fan buddies that all the time. I think half a century of stinking it up and not winning the cup, you are within your rights as a sports fan to jump ship.

A very silly statement to say the least. Would have been enough to simply avoid saying something that is untrue (we're moving to Ottawa - of course you're not, they have their own franchise again!), and reiterate what IS true (if we don't get a new building and the city elects to demolish IWS when it doesn't get the needed repairs, the Ticats are heading outta town). Just goes to show, the world has its good share of morons in public.

Well I've been sitting back just listening and reading to this Gong Show in Hamilton for the last couple of months and haven't had a whole lot to say. But I'll tell you this...I heard Scott Mitchell this morning on his car phone, call in and talk about how they were going to make it work at Ivor Wynne and also talk about the money and transition costs. On 900am.

I would want to hear the whole speach of what he said this afternoon , because really, somebody could have said to him something like..."what will the Ticats do if it this Ivor Wynne rebuild falls apart?" If that was his answer then FINE...no problem.

I doubt he just came out of the blue and threw it out there...there's more to the story! ***

***Well I just went to the spec site and read it! I don't have a problem with what he said. He told it the way it is! Read it all yourself and quit trying to find a way to hang the guy! :roll:

Now you are putting words in my mouth - I said “they gain 10,000 former Ticat season ticket holders” where did I ever say “anyone from Hamilton cheer for Tronto”? and besides if you read again you will see that my post was one of “sarcasm” “irony” “facetiousness”

From that same spec article i see they have something in there about the "transition costs".

What's the problem with helping the Tiger-cats have a place to play and practise while they are rebuilding?

Look at BC Place and the Lions. They got an extra $20 mil spent to go play at a diferent place while the roof was rebuilt.

What's the problem? Why should the Ticats sit and do nothing...get nothing? Wrong! It will get done if we just wait and see.

BTW...any word on what transpired at council?

If you can make sense of twitter feeds, Emma Reilly at the Spec has a sort of play by play,

http://twitter.com/#!/EmmaatTheSpec

as does Mark Masters from the National Post

http://twitter.com/#!/markhmasters

Yeah I heard him too, saying the City had to find somewhere for the team to play during the two down years and they had to be responsible for any losses incured during those two years.There’s certainly nothing wrong with it either, it’s the demanding of it that’s crap. Sorry but it sounds more and more like eveything is someone elses responsibilty.
I realize this is the first owner you’ve ever had seasons under Woody and I mean this respectively, you might feel a bit different about having the team threatened if you’d heard it again and again under numerous ownerships, personally I’m getting sick of it.

Moving the team has always been a possibliity and BY would be an idiot to not have explored all of his other options including Ottawa long before Mitchell made his comments. It's called having a Plan B (and C and D and E......). I don't mind Mitchell expressing the Ottawa scenario at all. It's just putting the team's cards on the table. The more info that's available to the decision makers, the more thorough and thoughtful a discussion they'll be able to have. There are deadlines to be met and if this puts pressure on some procrastinators, so be it.

An Argo-Cat fan

Somebody needs to muzzle Mitchell before he blows this latest possible deal.

Agree, he doesn't exactly have the skill set for dealing with politics in the right way I will say. :o

He gets under some people's skin out there. But he says it like it is that's for sure come heck or high water.

I agree with everything except the “no franchise fee”. Why not charge them a franchise fee? There are still joining the league. The only difference… like you said, they have a competitive team from the start.

He is not the only one. I took it seriously and agreed with most of it.

Why is everything Bob’s fault???

Why shoot the messenger ?
He’s just following the corporate policy of ramping up worst case scenarios. You have to go farther up the food chain.

Who said “everything”. Unless Mitchell has gone “rogue” he’s merely expressing corporate policy set out by Young.

He threatens the city with Ottawa yet there has been no talks with Ottawa and Ottawa says the Cats aren’t needed…

So what is the point, logic or constructiveness in all of this ?

Certainly worthy of skepticism if not criticism.

You, my friend, have a “thing” (and not in a good way) for Bob Young. :frowning:

It is just that… based on your past posts, is seems like you have a lot of anamosity towards Bob Young.