Ticats need to Draft Dylan Barker Unless ...

[url=http://theblackandgoldreport1.blogspot.com/2008/03/ticats-need-to-draft-dylan-barker.html]http://theblackandgoldreport1.blogspot. ... arker.html[/url]

The Ticats Should Draft this kid.
Unless you get Starting American WR for the Pick

I thought the Cats should have taken Tad Crawford last year. He was supposed to be the next Hitch. Instead, he was invisible in BC all year.

And did Bauman and Bekasiak win us any games?

Will Barker be a similar bust?

I say trade the first overall pick and Radlein or Piercy for an impact import receiver. My choice would be Nik Lewis. There is zero chance Buono is trading Geroy.

I thought the Cats should have taken Tad Crawford last year. He was supposed to be the next Hitch. Instead, he was invisible in BC all year.
I guess thats why teams skipped over him.
And did Bauman and Bekasiak win us any games?
I think Clermont might be the only player(skilled positions) in the last 8 years or so that has actually had an impact in their first season.

I Agree About Tad I thought 2nd Round Pick.
Desar-Done said he was a 3rd Round.

I Agree About Tad I thought 2nd Round Pick.
If my memory is right....I thought you were looking for him at 1st over all.

Question: Think we'll ever end up seeing a Canadian QB drafted in the first round?

I Agree About Tad I thought 2nd Round Pick. Desar-Done said he was a 3rd Round.
Onknight....you thought Crawford would go #1 overall.... [url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15679]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... ic&t=15679[/url]
Question: Think we'll ever end up seeing a Canadian QB drafted in the first round?
Maybe....probably never.

You are only as good as your best Canadian player . I say take the best player available and dont look back . If you trade your first round picks you will pay for it in the long run . Depth in Canadian players is a strength !!!!

Agree 100%.

I follow the CIS pretty close. If Erik Glavic has another season like this year it would be nice to see him get some looks. Maybe even here in Hamilton, have him play with his brother. Can't hurt to have him as a 3rd string. Can it?

Can't hurt to have him as a 3rd string. Can it?
If a Canadian QB meant anything to the ratio then no it wouldn't hurt. It is very very unlikely to happen.

Maybe someday they will have a rule in place that you must have a Canadian QB.

However, I understand that is very unlikely. But I think Glavic deserves a look. He can run the ball and reads the defensive better than any CIS QB I have ever seen. He would be perfect for the CFL game.

But I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that because you probably don't follow the CIS.

Haha I love the personal agenda. Did I diminish the CIS in anyway?

And actually I have been to the last 4 of 5 Vanier Cups and a couple Mac games since they've been playing at Ivor Wynne.

I like Mike Bagwell!Hes fast,has hands,hes young and will be here for a long time.I know hes from Mac and all these anti Mac people are scared of local sports but you have to live with it!He is fast as hell!maybe a bit young but that is just shows his capability for the future of our team!We have to many safetys as it is!

Did I diminish the CIS in anyway?
Yeah well your stating that Canadian QB's don't belong in the CFL.

How were those Vanier Cups anyways?

Hello! How many Canadian QBs make it in any pro football leagues unless they were turned into a slot back or receiver!:wink:

Manitoba vs. Saint Mary's and Laurier vs. Saskatchewan were both great games.

No...I didnt say they dont belong...I said it was unlikely they would be drafted in the first round.

In part because of the the ratio, the 'American QB' mindset, and that odds are much greater that you will find a more polished QB south of the border.

Manitoba vs. Saint Mary's and Laurier vs. Saskatchewan were both great games.
I'm not sure I would consider this years a "great game". It had potential if glavic was able to play. The atmosphere was great with the big crowd, not really an exciting game.

Would be interested to see what an experts analysis of the game might have been? You know someone who follows the CIS so closely...

Mike Hogan is a big CIS guy. He has a forum name too...ask him.