TiCats mini camp at THF

Hamilton Tiger-CatsVerified account ?@Ticats 2m2 minutes ago
#Ticats 2016 mini-camp will be held next week at Tim Hortons Field.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday that the football club will host a three-day mini-camp at Tim Hortons Field next week from Tuesday, April 26 to Thursday, April 28.

[b][i]The Tiger-Cats coaching staff, led by Vice President of Football Operations and Head Coach Kent Austin, will welcome players that are under contract entering their first CFL season, negotiation list players, and invited free agents for three days of on-field practices and meetings ahead of training camp, which begins on May 29.

All mini-camp practices hosted at Tim Hortons Field are open to the public. The full schedule will be released by the team in the coming days.[/i][/b]

why hold it the weekend of NFL Draft ?

Wanted to see the kickers they are bring in …

Guess I’ll wait till camp to see who’s left.

You're clearly more interested in the NFL, so why do you care?

I like the CFL and The Cats I like to Follow both Leagues

There nothing wrong with that .

I am sure not only one who has a NFL Team they follow as well

I do believe they brought in close to 12 kickers on April 6th, a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'm sure they've gone through those auditions and may have some more brought in/up whether at that mini camp or during another position specific try-out session. It's not like you need db's, wr's, qb's, linemen and all the positional coaches in attendance like they do at mini-camp in order to audition kickers.

Also, I think the amount of potential kickers that are or are not drafted this weekend in the NFL really does't have any impact in their plans. For instance:

2015 = 1 Punter Drafted
2014 = 3 P/K
2013 = 4 P/K
2012 = 6 P/K
2011 = 2 P/K
2010 = 3 P/K
2009 = 5 P/K
2008 = 3 P/K
2007 = 6 P/K (Medlock's year by the way)
2006 = 4 P/K

So in the last 10 years there's been 37 P/K's drafted out of 2,546 draft picks or roughly 1.5%.

I seriously doubt waiting to see which kickers/punters (if any) getting drafted would impact the Tiger-Cats plans.

Question: is there a specific NCAA kicker/punter you wanted to see whether they got drafted or not? There's really only two ... Robert Aguayo (K) of FSU is projected mid rounds & Tom Hackett (P) of Utah is projected late rounds. All others are projected as UDFA's. Besides, they'll all exhaust NFL attempts before jumping up here anyways. Anyways, why wait to see if a college kid goes undrafted when there are lots of FA kickers around? Guys that have kicked actually kicked in the pros. And before you say because you might miss on someone really good ... if they're really good they'd get drafted or signed as a UDFA.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How dare the NFL hold their draft the same weekend as the TiCats mini camp!!

Hang on, maybe this is the TiCats braintrusts master plan,
They know that Robofan will not attend on these dates and they will not have to listen to his complaining and bellyaching about the team.
Excellent timing by TiCats brass! :thup: :rockin:

Grover wins post of the season months before camp even starts!

At the polar opposite end of that... Robo/Onknight wins the most entitled fan in Ticat history award.

Congratulations to Ticats management on choosing to hold their mini-camp in Hamilton. :thup:

When did Tuesday to Thursday become the weekend?

Here is the schedule
[b]
2016 MINI-CAMP SCHEDULE/MEDIA AVAILABILITY APRIL 26-28

TUESDAY, APRIL 26
Practice: 11 a.m. at Tim Hortons Field
ENG cameras are permitted to film on-field activities from the sidelines from 11:10-11:45 a.m.
Media Availability: 2 p.m. (approximately) – Head Coach Kent Austin and players at mini-camp will be available to the media immediately following practice.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27
Practice: 10:45 a.m. at Tim Hortons Field
ENG cameras are permitted to film on-field activities from the sidelines from 10:55-11:30 a.m.
Media Availability: 2 p.m. (approximately) – Head Coach Kent Austin and players at mini-camp will be available to the media immediately following practice.

THURSDAY, APRIL 28
Practice: 10:15 a.m. at Tim Hortons Field
ENG cameras are permitted to film on-field activities from the sidelines from 10:25-11 a.m.
Media Availability: 12:30 p.m. (approximately) – Head Coach Kent Austin and select players at mini-camp will be available to the media immediately following practice.

NOTES FOR MEDIA MEMBERS ATTENDING PRACTICE:
– All practice times are approximate and subject to change, including ENG camera shooting times.
– Still photographers may be asked to refrain from shooting some parts of practice.
– Injured players are not available for interviews.
– Media can enter Tim Hortons Field via Gate 3 no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time.
– Seating is restricted to section 104 for practice.
– Parking is available upon request.
– There is access to the press box upon request.

NOTES FOR FANS ATTENDING PRACTICE:
– Photos, videos and autographs are prohibited before and during practice.
– Fans can enter Tim Hortons Field via Gate 3 no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time.
– There is no admission charge but you will be asked to sign in at the security desk.
– Seating is restricted to section 103 for practice.[/b]

Does anyone know what

ENG cameras

are?

(since I don't - anticipatory) :oops:

Mike: If I recall correctly, I believe ENG means Electronic News Gathering or what we old timers used to call video tape cameras. I suppose now with digital equipment, ENG and similar acronyms are more accurate, or perhaps just a plain old video camera?

When you retire, everyday is the weekend. Yeah Baby! :rockin: I love Austin Powers.

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

NOTES FOR FANS ATTENDING PRACTICE:
– Photos, videos and autographs are prohibited before and during practice.
– Fans can enter Tim Hortons Field via Gate 3 no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time.
– There is no admission charge but you will be asked to sign in at the security desk.
– Seating is restricted to section 103 for practice.

And Prey The Super Cops at the Desk Let you In :slight_smile:

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 2m2 minutes ago
It's 4 deg & rainy in #HamOnt for #Ticats mini-camp. #Argos are in FLA where it is 26 & sunny. Just sayin' #CFL

Some familiar faces at Ticat mini-camp
Posted on April 26, 2016 by Drew Edwards // 0 Comments

[b][i]While the vast majority of the 67 players attending the Ticats’ three-day mini-camp in Hamilton this week are new to both the club and the CFL (45 in total) there are some familiar faces and league veterans.

The most recognizable name is former Ticat defensive back Geoff Tisdale who has played eight years in the CFL for four different teams, including two separate stints in Hamilton. He has 115 starts in the CFL, including four for the Saskatchewan Roughriders this season. Tisdale is 31 and, given his non-roster invite to this camp, still trying to keep his career going.

There are four kickers at the mini-camp: former Ticat Delbert Alvarado, who was with the club briefly in 2013 before moving on to Montreal and Ottawa. He’s played in eight career games, hitting 11 of 14 field goals (78.6 per cent) and last played for the Redblacks last season before being released on Aug. 1. Ray Early, who was Saskatchewan’s punter last season and averaged 45 yards per kick, is also here. So is former Redblack Brett Maher, who his 67.6 of his field goals as the team’s kicker in 2014. He suffered an injury right before training camp last season and was released. The final name is former Alabama kicker Cody Mandell, who has spent time with the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.

All four kickers were at the Hamilton workout we wrote about earlier this month (which has video of all of them.)

Another interesting name is Canadian offensive lineman Scott Mitchell, who was drafted second overall by Edmonton in 2011, signed in Toronto as free agent in 2014 but was released before the season started, reportedly after failing a physical due to a bad knee. He was out of football last season.

Also at camp, American defensive tackle Zach Anderson who was cut by the Bombers in February after their free agent spending spree. Anderson had 81 tackles and 10 sacks in 35 games for Winnipeg over the last three seasons and started 16 games in 2015 but was healthy scratch by the end of last season.

One other note: quarterback Zach Collaros is the only one of the team’s five quarterbacks not on the roster for mini-camp so, as expected, he won’t be taking part in on-field drills[/i][/b]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg-jQmQUUAEzDhw.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg-jRfeU4AALsNH.jpg

If Tisdale makes this team, our secondary will get torched. He now lacks speed due to age.

From what I remember of Anderson, he had good push up the middle, and a real motor. I'd like to see what he can do beside Laurent and Chick.

Who will be our kicker? Out of the four legs at mini-camp, my bet would be on Alvarado.

Anderson does have a motor! Could be quite an acquisition.

Very wrong Geoff Looked just as fast and as good as any of the 20 somethings :rockin:

So how can he make the team if he lacks speed due to age? wouldn't they be able to spot that at the mini-camp?
After the mini-camp he then has to attend the regular training camp and the pre-season games. If the coaches think he's too slow and the other DBs are faster then he's gone. He will make the team if he's good enough.

My bet for kicker is Maher, he was let go by Ottawa because of injury in the off season, he's had another year to recover.

It’s not the model year as much as the mileage on the clock. He was very good when here before (both times!). If he is even 90% as good as that he would be a valuable asset for the team.

:cowboy: