Ticats make a trade

2 Likes

:+1: :hammer: :tiger: :football:

I wunder if the Cats management is starting to realize that something is wrong with the offensive line , after their 3 quarterbacks get injured . Interesting.

4 Likes

It's always good when the guys in charge wake up and smell the coffee. A stack of pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon are soon to follow. :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Well it's not a new QB
BUT
It's a new QB for the OLine,
And that has got to be a good thing

5 Likes

Good trade for us. Gibbon never lived up to his potential here. Beard has been a starter for years, and is Canadian.

8 Likes

Sounds like Fontana may be out for a while and they value Woodmansey more at the guard position.

Just two more trades and our O-line can become the 2021 EDM O-line in its entirety.

7 Likes

According to this he is signed thru 2023

2) David Beard, Edmonton Elks (N)

Hard money: $190,000
Maximum value: $197,500

The former second-round draft pick collected a $50,000 roster bonus on February 1 and is signed with his hometown team through 2023. He will receive a $1,500 bonus if he is named a West Division all-star and a $3,000 bonus if he is named a CFL all-star.

That's a great move! It feels like the team has it's sights on 2023 with a signing like this one. Put a solid O-Line together to finish out 2022. See how Dane performs behind the line (he should have had at the beginning of this year(!)) and then maybe look for another QB in the off-season.

1 Like

I hate this move but it's done

Wow. Watch out Bombers. :smile:

1 Like

Please explain.

1 Like

If Dane starts to perform great behind a solid O-Line and gets his mojo back then we might not need another QB.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say thank you for making this its own topic, and not burying it in some 700 odd comment thread started months ago.

Big trades and signings warrant their own threads!

5 Likes

Well I guess even 3Down makes typos from time to time. They'll never catch CFL.ca though, they are the masters of the typo & incorrect facts.

1 Like

So we now have 4 of the top 13 highest paid OL according to this list. Two of which were acquired from Edmonton this year.

So in theory, we should have 4 pretty good OL men.

Clearly, the team is trying to, and has been trying to fix the OL. We should probably put that complaint to bed for the time being.

5 Likes

Yes. I was recently entertained by CFL.ca's 'iffensive' linemen typo. No one could've done it better. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Actually I wouldn't mind some Bears on the O-Line. They would definitely clear some running lanes. :smile:

5 Likes

I agree - I want to see how Dane performs when he's protected. Then he can be judged on his performance.

So excited to have a improved O-Line!

3 Likes

Difficult to understand from an Elks point of view, but I do think that Chris Jones wants to reduce the salary costs. No other reason from a football point of view. Great trade for the Tiger-Cats.

Richard

2 Likes