Ticats make a HORRIBLE trade with Saskatchewan!

From Read in the Hamilton Paper today
the Ticats where not Going to bring DJ Back.
So The Gave him to the Riders as a Bonus

The Deal was Really Smith for Butler
This still a Bad Deal one for one…
Butler is nothing but a Third String QB
We could have Got Buck Pearce For what we gave up.
Green guys won this deal.

We get some Rights to some Free Agents
big deal
this is the Ticats just wanting to dump Contracts…

Hate to tell you but I wouldn't trade Buck Pierce for what you gave up.

Buck is our starter in 2008.

hahaha. there is absolutely no way BC would trade Buck Poerce for an o-linemen that sat on the bench at the end of the year, and a reciever that is mid-grade. To get Buck you would have had to given lumbsden or holmes or something like that.

Buck may, or may not be the Leo starter in 2008.
Not likely if Dickenson can stay healthy, but that is a big if…

But definately the Lions would never have traded Buck for what Hamilton paid for Rocky.
And someone said there were lots of free agent QBs floating about?
Well, you can have Tee Martin if you want him…
Damon is out there, but why would Hamilton want a 44 year old QB? Brad Banks? Not quite as good as Rocky.
Really, the pickings for QBs with experience AND potential in the CFL are pretty slim. Personally, I would have rather let you have Crandel than Rocky.
I honestly don’t think the deal was all that one sided…

I don't think you can judge Butler by those two games last year. Even Spergon Wynn beat the Ticats!

Maybe I'm just bitter because I got a D.J. Flick jersey a few weeks ago?

I’d be bitter too if I had a DJ Flick jersey…and the guy is now on my team…sorry…I’m not a big fan.
I’d send him back to you if I could…
Anyway, Spergon Wynn is a never was and never will be. At least Rocky is a wanna be, could be, might be.
The key with Rocky is, a couple of years ago, when he got a chance to start, he stunk the joint out.
I mean he was absolutely brutal. To the point where people questioned why we kept him.
Two years go by, and he gets another chance.
And guess what? The improvement was very, very obvious. All you can ask of a young QB is to improve and to learn. Now it’s show time. He might be a bust. Or he might be great.
But he needs the opportunity to find out.
And I think he is still only 26 or 27 years old…

flick's no star... but the guys only 26, he's got speed, and he's got a good chance to learn how to be a star.

what i'm worried about is our chances of getting richardson back now, were kinda out of room in the import-receiver area.
richardson was great last year before the injury.
i think we just replaced richardson with flick.