Ticats look at new defensive back.

Extreme's Jackson signs with CFL team

Douglas Hamm Pantagraph.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bloomington Extreme Indoor Football League all-star defensive back LaRoche Jackson

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Jackson finished fourth in the IFL with 9 interceptions

and was nominated for the league's Most Valuable Player award.

CLICK HERE

:thup: :rockin:

If they're looking for a CB why don't they look at Byron Parker (CFL allstar '06 & '07) who was just cut by the NFL? He may be looking to return to the Argos but at the moment he's unsigned and looking for work. Besides, the Argos are ok with Middlebrooks and Younger at CB.

An Argo-Cat fan

Middlebrooks and Younger are both good, i agree; but Parker is much much better than either of them, as good as they are.

I believe the argos still have his rights. So the only way of getting Byron Parker is trading for him.

Can this Jackson fellow play corner?

Who is out ? Gordon or Smith. I like Gordon however, Smith rarely looks back at the ball when he is defending. My guess Smith is on the bubble ............

That or Cody Williams. MB seems to like Bo and so do the players, I doubt he'll be going anywhere. If anything though, they probably will sit him for Jackson.

8) This Jackson guy will probably be cut within the next 2 weeks, just like that big DLineman we signed a couple of weeks ago from the AL !!!
  Just like that Derrick Pope guy was cut so quickly  !!!   <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->    (no offence to our mightypope)   <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

I'm not so sure about that, our secondary could defnitely use a bit of life at the moment.

Player are always brought in for a 'look see' during bye weeks.

especially if they have been on our negotiation list
a while and they finally decide to come up here.

If the players impresses he may be invited to next year's training camp

or he may be put on the practice roster and get on-the-job training
especially if he looks like a 'beast' at a position we are weak at now.

It still didn't work out for D.E. Sasha Lancaster last year.

No matter what a player's resume says, it's still a bit of a 'crap shoot.'

He in his Option year with the Argos

Why not "sign" as a linebacker coach Mike O' Shea? SInce these guys have been hurin' and we got a lot of "new" ones we are a bit heavy on this part of the roster. That means coaching is more important than usual and it would be a great transition for a formerly great player.

8) That suggestion should go over real big on this site !!!! :wink:

I really don't see why they would waste money on an LB coach let alone a guy that is not all that popular with alot of fans. We have one of the best and most experianced LB corps in the leage. What is O'Shea gona tell Floyd, Johnson or Auggie that they don't already know?

8) Just to inform you, the TiCats already have a linebacker coach !!!
  Greg Marshall, besides being the Assistant Head Coach, and the Defensive Coordinator, is also

the Linebacker Coach.

NO!!!

Congratulations! You have won the award for worst idea ever on this site!

:lol: ROFLMAO!!

Indeed. The Benedict Arnold Fan Appreciation Award usually is not required to do double duty, so the Norman Einstein Memorial Award for Fan Ideas will be presented by Joe Theismann accordingly! :wink:

Oski Wee Headshake,

Russ

I always thought "Start Eakin" was the worst idea ever until...