---> Ticats locker room/bulletin board material -- Bombers

Thought I'd start a thread to place all material leading up to Sunday's game that could possibly assist in adding some further motivation for the Ticats players to pin their ears back and pounce on the Bombers, chew them up and spit them out. (not that they will need all that much of course)

In all fairness, this article is done with a lot of class and fun, so it's fairly tame................but I'm sure some serious trash talk will start in the next few days on other fronts.......perhaps Doug Brown ?..... :wink: :lol:

Here's something I just found:

Excerpt:

"Noisemakers are definitely encouraged, as we want to be as loud as possible when Hamilton is on offence."

http://www.themanitoban.com/articles/22153

Be proud, get loud and wear blue!
Grassroots Bomber fans organize first ever ‘blue out’ for Nov. 8

Marc Lagace | Nov 2

After compiling an impressive 4-1 record over their last five games, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are looking to win-out the season with a big road win against Montréal on Sunday, Nov. 1, and more importantly, their final game of the season against the team that they are currently tied with for second place in the East Division, the Hamilton Tiger Cats. The game is so important; it can easily be considered a playoff game in its own right.

On Nov. 8, the Bombers will take on the Ti-Cats at CanadInns Stadium for the final game of the 2009 regular season. All the storylines involving Kevin Glenn or any other former Bomber players aside, the game has huge implications for both teams as the season series is tied 1-1. Second place in the East Division and a home playoff date the following week will be up for grabs. After a year of highs and lows and a string of headline grabbing “controversies,? this is the proverbial bright light at the end of the tunnel, and to help support our favourite team, a hardcore base of die-hard Blue Bomber fans have taken it upon themselves to start a movement to rally up support for Winnipeg’s premiere pro-sports franchise.

It’s being called the first ever “blue out,? or alternatively, the “sea of blue.? If you haven’t heard of it yet, it will only be a matter of time. The premise is simple, and it’s easy to join in and have tons of fun. The organizers are looking to sell the stadium out with loud and proud Blue Bomber fans dressed head to toe in Blue. Anyone old enough to recall the Winnipeg Jets era should remember the epic “white outs? that unified all Jets fans together with a simple goal: white out the arena, and get loud for the home-team. The spirit of the “white out? is still alive in Winnipeg, and that spirit will find a new home across the street from where the Winnipeg Arena used to exist, and we need everyone in the city’s help to get this done. The Bomber organization has already recognized this fantastic, grassroots movement and has completely jumped behind it, helping with promotion and offering free blue rally towels to the first 20,000 fans through the gate on Sunday.

Here are some tips that you can use to make sure that you don’t stick out like a sore thumb in the “sea of blue.?

Obviously, if you own a Blue Bomber jersey (preferably the Navy Blue ones of the modern era, or any Blue from any previous decade) that’s a great start. If not, anything blue works: whether it be a blue jacket, sweater, mechanic’s outfit, Halloween costume — use your imagination! One of the simplest ways to account for half your body being blue is to wear a pair of blue jeans. It’s just that easy! Don’t be afraid to get creative, it’s just part of the game-day fun!

It’s going to be an early November afternoon in Winnipeg, so chances are you will need to bundle up a bit. Dollar stores are a great place to snag some dirt-cheap blue gloves or headwear, or you could always check out the Bomber Store, They are well-stocked with Blue and Gold outerwear for the winter season.

‘Tis the season to find face-paint, or blue wigs, or anything that fits in with the sea of blue theme. For example, I have a blow-up orca whale that might be taking a swim in a deep blue sea on Nov. 8.

Noisemakers are definitely encouraged, as we want to be as loud as possible when Hamilton is on offence.

If we all come together and this really takes off, it could be the beginning of a brand new tradition. Every Bomber fan despises “’rider nation? and everything it represents (damn those wheat-eating, banjo-picking hicks!), but the resounding support that they show for their team whenever an opportunity presents itself, as much as we may hate to admit it, is truly admirable (I think I need to go vomit now).

On top of the sea of blue, there will also be a rally held at Portage and Main on Thursday, Nov. 5 at 3:30 p.m.. Those of you who may be taking part in the “day of action? protest rally at the Legislative building earlier that day are more than encouraged to march down to Portage and Main to join Buzz and Boomer and the group of die-hard Bomber supporters who will be there making noise, leading chants and gaining attention for the team we love during rush hour at the busiest intersection in the city.

And, if that weren’t enough as it is, there has also been grumblings of starting an official Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan club. For those of you who may be interested in getting involved in the “blue out? movement, the rally, or joining the fan club, check out the fan forum through the Blue Bomber’s website for more information.

Remember — be proud, get loud and wear blue!

I fail to see how this is bulletin board material...

Read my pre-amble.........I acknowledged that this article isn't bad at all........the thread is more for further stuff that is sure to come in the next few days..........keep your eyes peeled :wink:

What more motivation do these players need they no what the fan's of Hamilton and this Organization has gone threw. ..

Time to STEP UP.....

I agree with the previous reply, this Ti-Cat organization has gone through a ton of lean years in the past well ever since 2004 when we last made the playoffs and more so since 1999 when we last won the Grey Cup, the fans have endured along with Mr. Young to support this team and get it back on a decent footing again, NO other team could have survived the number of years we did without making the playoffs or providing a winning team, I would bet on that any day not even Saskatchewan, especially if you compared our past records.

I only hope that the game on Sunday is played by the players and not the refs or interference from other forces like Mike Kelley's spying ring of informants and audio/video listening equipment or the stadium PA announcer who blasts the sound system when we take the ball, if they do, the refs should call it, because it is a penalty. It's okay for the fans to scream however it's another one all-together if the stadium adds noise or interferes with the play of the game.

The best way all-together is if the Ti-Cats score and score early and often and that would eliminate the noise of the fans or other forms of interference from the stadium or whoever. The Ti-Cats have something to prove this season and already have by winning eight games with the opportunity to even the record on the season at 9-9 and make the playoffs by hosting the East Semi-Final would be great.

EAT EM RAW TIGER-CATS!!!!

The stadium in Winnipeg is so wide open that it really won't matter how much noise they make. They don't even have endzone seats do they? Not much there to hold the noise in the stadium.

It get's loud in Winnipeg and they do their share, any stadium can get loud if you put in 30,000 fans plus and in Winnipeg they are notorious for other antics besides noise. Remember the 1991 Grey Cup in the Peg and the "Rocket" returned a kickoff for the Argo's and a fan threw a snow ball onto the field just under the "Rockets" feet as he returned the kick off for a TD, he could easily had whipped out if the ice ball had hit his feet.

I hope this doesn't end up on the bulletin board - too long. The players should have better things to be doing in preparation of the biggest game of the year then read that article. Now if Mike Kelly came out and said something completely antagonistic like Leslie Stewart's Thriller tribute sucked then them would be fighting words.

And you are certain that was a bummer fan?

You do know that The Manitoban is the student newspaper at the University of Manitoba, don't you?

re object thrown at "the Rocket"...

IIRC, wasn't it a can of beer (or pop)?

"Hopefully Hamilton gets over-confident"

~Winnipeg Blue Bomber Doug Brown ~

Source:

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2009/11/03/11612881-sun.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 1-sun.html[/url]

Fans throwing beer cans happened in Saskatchewan (at Lions IIRC). You can't bring bottles or cans to games at CanadInn Stadium and they don't give them to you at concessions (ie they pour the beer in a cup and give it to you). It was a snowball and given it was Grey Cup who knows whether it was a Bomber fan or a fan in for the game.

Everyone ease up on our mosquito plagued divisional rivals. Living in the middle of nowhere would make anyone cranky.

I thought Winnipeg was a game show for pirates..

HAHAHA!

LMAO!! Well done.

If they want bulletin board material look no further than j-a Kelly's radio interview (as mentioned in another thread)

Cobb is their only concern?? Bruce doesn't run a complete passing tree?? I bet Bruce is gonna LOVE that one. I'd even take ONE penalty just to see him do something very special to the Bombers. :smiley:

I think there are at least 7 guys on Defense who are THRILLED to know that the Bombers aren't concerned with them. Say hi to Bishop for me guys...

hahaha Say hi to bishop .....Good call every time this guy opens his mouth he gives out ammunition ...