TiCats List of upcoming free agents

I wonder if Montreal will make Ted another offer ? Won't be cheap but we have plenty of room.

The 2016 salary cap will go up by $50K to $5.1M

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alouettes try to sign all four of our French Canadian FA’s…Hopefully the Cats have Laurent’s name inked on a contract before the Free Agency frenzy occurs.You might have a shot at Nadon and Plesius being that both are Laval boys and might want to play closer to home next year. I would personally hate to see any of them wearing the Alouette Blue and Red next season , but ya never know how things will turn out. I guess they can always give Giguere a call and ask him how things worked out for him this year as an Alouette playing closer to home. :slight_smile:

Ted Laurent-dt
Arnaud Gascon-Nadon-de
C.O.Prime-fb
Fred Plesius-mlb

Thanks for the reality check Grover!

Drew Edwards on TiCats at noon said there will be about 200 free agents in the League available this year.

As an Alouettes fan I would welcome a player such As Ted Laurent but the Als don't have the cap "room" to make him an interesting offer. If Ted Laurent was signed, they would have to release Henoc Muamba or reduce Chip Cox, Josh Bourke salaries. The only player to whom they could make an offer,provided he is not signed before free agency begins, is Arnaud Gascon-Nadeau.

The first task of Jim Popp will be to sign his potential free agents.

Richard

I read,from depopulationINC,on ROUGHRIDERS forum, that there are 30 potential free agents on the team. Not too many stars,at least according to me.

Richard

The top FA might just be coach Steinhauer.
Question might be is his daughter finished at a close by University or still continuing her schooling?
Some said that is why Steinhauer agreed to sign a contract without an opt out clause that I believe is expired.

I wonder if there are any plans where Steinhauer takes the Cats head coaching gig and Austin gets bumped to full time GM?

:roll: Fred Stamps 150k(confirmed), Nick Lewis 100/125k, Crompton and Marsh both had raises on their second contracts, Deslauriers retiring. Replacing those guys with rookies frees up 200 to 250k right there.

Yes,replacing veterans such as Stamps and Lewis will free up monies, but Kevin Glenn will be making much more than Crompton; Henoc Muamba will receive a minimum of $172,000 in 2016. Winston Venable, Gabriel Knapton,Stefan Logan,Kristian Matte,Dominique Ellis,Jake Piotrowski and Mitchell White will all receive pay increases,if re-signed, so the savings/funds available are basically reduced to $$$0000.

Richard

With incentives,Henoc Muamba could make $230,000 in 2016.

Richard

Here is a team by team list of every teams potential Free Agents, it is a long one.

[url=http://3downnation.com/2015/11/19/an-unofficial-team-by-team-list-of-potential-cfl-free-agents/]http://3downnation.com/2015/11/19/an-un ... ee-agents/[/url]

agree with more or less the others but this one is way off. often injured? lack of production? he averages 600 yards a season. and this was the first year he was injured.

im not saying break the bank for this guy but to let him walk is a mistake.

Grant had a bit of an ugly negotiation last year, Grant was quite vocal about not getting what he thought he deserved.
The negotiations went right up until training camp, he received no other offers from other teams and finally with no other options available, he held his nose and signed a 1 year contract to come back to the TiCats for this season.
Unless he has 2 outstanding games to finish this season, I think he will be fortunate to be even offered another contract with all the other free agents available next year

INTERNATIONAL

Masoli, Jeremiah, QB -Wait and see.
Lewis, Jeremy, OL -Try for a spot in the spring.
Figueroa, Joel, OL -Hurt too much. Let him go.
Olson, Jake, OL -Try for a spot in the spring.
Madu, Jr., Mossis, RB -Life of a RB is tough.
Sinkfield, Terrell, WR -I agree that he is better than Speedy. Must keep him.
Grant, Bakari, WR -Bye.
Hickman, Justin, DL -He is our Grover. Must keep.
Hall, Bryan, DL -He is our comedian. Must keep.
Harris, Erik, LB -Fast, smart, versatile, & precision tackling. Unsung hero of the defence.
Caldwell, David, LB -Who?
Reed, Taylor, LB -What?
Stewart, Brandon, DB -Great DB but has a bit of mileage on him. Dunno.
Gainey, Ed, DB -No a bad backup that might put it all together. He wont get a sniff in FA.
Davis, Emanuel, DB -Elite talent. Must keep.
Carter, Jalil, DB -Is that the Argo guy?
Sears, Jr., Johnny, DB -hurt too much. Let him go.
Medlock, Justin, K -the NFL still beckons to him & rightly so.

NATIONAL

Prime, Carl-Oliver, RB -Try for a spot.
Aprile, Giovanni, WR -Ditto.
Fantuz, Andy, WR -No comment.
Gascon-Nadon, Arnaud, DL -The Als will scoop him up.
Ellefsen, Everett, DL -Try for a spot.
Hazime, Hasan, DL -he had that one good game?
Laurent, Ted, DL -Sign at all costs. Do not to want ever play against that beast. Gaydosh can backup.
Bulcke, Brian, DL -Hurt too much. Guy played his heart out for us.
Atkinson, Michael, DL -Try for a spot next year.
Plesius, Frederic, LB -Another Als scoop.
Edem, Michael, DB -He’ll stick around.
Stephen, Courtney, DB -This guy is fantastic. Will be hitting his prime soon.
King, Neil, DB -the kid is alright.
Miller, Kyle, DB -this one might be alright.
Crawford, Aaron, LS -Long Snapper? Yeah man, I play Long Snapper all the time.
O’Neill, Hugh, P -I don’t know why we needed him at all.

KA staying on is a formality.
If Orlando really is a free agent he will be wooed, but will also stay .
Orlando is very fiery and a still has the player in him.
Not HC material yet.

I agree, Grover, but I do think he performed well, when healthy, this year. In fact I was impressed with how well did considering the pressure of the “OK, I’ve really got to prove my worth” situation, he elected to play under, as his best, if not only, option. And, I think he’s one of the guys who really contributes more to the club than just what he does on the field.

The one thing you can count on with Grant is him taking a stupid, selfish, inopportune penalty (usually major) every game. Illegal Blocking Downfield, OPI, UR, OC, the list is too long. The kiss of death for a receiver, second only to dropping catchable passes (he does that too) and calling out your HOF QB in the middle of the game (Craig Yeast to Danny Mac).

I too will stick up for Grant.
Unbelievably tough, a great blocker and team mate. Sure as a FA you want to do the best you can. I am sure he could have left for similar $$$ but preferred to stay. If Collaros had played all year his numbers would be very solid.
We had another player last year who took the odd bad penalty but I too would welcome DB back to our fold.

IMPORTS (AMERICANS)
Jerimiah Masoli-qb.............Will probably be re-signed
Jeremy Lewis-ot................Not re-signed
Joel Figueroa-ot................Not re-signed
Jake Olson-ot...................Re-sign
Mossis Madu-rb..................Not re-signed
Terell Sinkfeild-wr.............Re-sign
Bakari Grant-wr................Re-sign
Justin Hickman-de.............Re-sign
Bryan Hall-dt...................Re-Sign
Eric Harris-lb/db...............Re-sign
David Caldwell-lb..............Not re-signed
Taylor Reed-mlb...............Re-sign
Brandon Stewart-db........... Not sure ?
Ed Gainey-db...................Not sure ?
Emmanuel Davis-db............Re-sign
Jahill Carter-db................Not sure ?
Johnny Sears-db................Not Re-signed
Justin Medlock-k...............Re-sign

CANADIAN
CO Prime-fb....................Not sure ?
Giovanni Aprile-wr............Not Re-signed
Andy Fantuz-wr................Not Re-signed
Arnaud Gascon-Nadon-de.....Re-sign
Everett Ellefson-de............Not Re-signed
Hazam Hazime-dt.............Not Re-signed
Ted Laurent-dt.................Re-sign
Brian Bulcke-dt................Not Re-signed
Mike Atkinson-dt...............Re-sign
Fred Plesius-mlb...............Not sure ?
Mike Edem-db..................Re-sign
Courtney Stephen-db..........Re-sign
Neil King-db....................Re-sign
Kyle Miller-ls...................Not Re-Signed
Aaron Crawford-ls.............Not sure ?
Hugh O'Neill-k.................Not Re-signed

IMHO, he’s a liability. His UR “head-butt” penalty in Ottawa killed a drive that should have ended with points on the board. Last game, he was penalized for an Illegal Block downfield that wiped out a long completion. He was a whiny a$$ when he was in free agency, and the only offer for his services were from the Tiger-Cats, and they rightfully didn’t pay him for what he “thought he was worth”.
I can understand, and sometimes even look past, the “odd penalty”. But he simply cannot seem to learn from his mistakes and get better. He certainly hasn’t helped his “value” by his play this year.