Ticats ink QB Dane Evans to two-year extension

HAMILTON β€” The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have extended American quarterback Dane Evans through the 2023 season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/12/ticats-ink-qb-dane-evans-two-year-extension/
2 Likes

So I guess Masoli is now available for Ottawa to get a starting QB. Or Chris Jones may step in and make the steal, as I'm not so sure Jones wants Arbuckle to be his starter this season. Then again Argos may want to get rid of Bethal-Thompson, but I doubt it!
This is going to make it harder for Trevor Harris to find a team ! That is unless Harris is willing to take the back seat and a serious reduction in wages.

1 Like

Congratulations to the Ticats and their fans. Looks like a solid move to me.

2 Likes

This makes me happy - Ticats making the right moves with Orlondo & Dane!
Wish Masoli the best in his future.

2 Likes

Congratulations Hamilton

2 Likes

Sounds like Jones is living in your head. Lol

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. As for Jones, hard to say. At 340K he has a lot of room the other 4 Western clubs don't have to spend on other players. According to David Naylor talking about the Bomber situation yesterday, with Fajardo the highest paid guy now @ 515K (more on Reilly later), Collaros is going to probably get up to 550K. Even Bomber writers seem to think so - Jeff Hamilton yesterday wrote "Bombers need to show Collaros & Bighill the money" in the Free Press. Then there's Reilly. Talk is Lions are unlikely to pick up the 525K option on 2022 so it's not a stretch that Jones would jump @ Reilly. I agree that they're not entirely sold on Arbuckle. In fact, Jones is on record as saying he plans to bring a veteran to camp. There's a bit of a glut with Harris, Masoli, maybe Reilly out there.

1 Like

I agree (as long as we leave Chris Jones out of the equation here). :smiley: :+1:

Harris may end up in Calgary as they don’t have a proven starter with Bo past his prime

1 Like

Oh now you've done it.

1 Like

Even Bomber writers seem to think so - Jeff Hamilton yesterday wrote "Bombers need to show Collaros & Bighill the money" in the Free Press

I'm sure whenever the Bombers negotiated with
players, they get the media (writers) to handle the toughest contracts,

1 Like

You know what they say, Media writers give good head... line.

1 Like

I hope you're right. It isn't working now.

pantsonfire...I hope you're right. It isn't working now.

Ok? :thinking:.....I hope it doesn't keep working for a couple more years then? :hugs:

And although this is an open thread, the title is about the Cats...... Going forward, I will communicate about Hamilton on this page.

1 Like

I love this guy - he has spirit and grit - plus a lot of talent. Glad he will be back for sure - now what is up with Masoli?