Ticats in Summary

Good teams win close ball games. Tonight the Cats lacked intensity and it showed. It was close but another loss on the record.

The D blitz packages are too obvious and the pass coverage too soft. To many 15 to 20 yard gainers by the opposition when it is 2nd and long.

Holmes looks like he has lost a few steps. He runs lateral on punt returns rather than vertical resulting in minimum gains and many penalties.

Offensively we need to make the 2nd and 10's. Too many times we got a 5 or 6 yard gain on 2nd and 10.

The officiating was poor as usual. Forgetting about the possible pass interference calls Edmonton could have gotten, the refs blew a spearing call when Brock was speared in the back, the JoJuan Armour gets a cheap rough play penalty resulting in an Edmonton first down and leading to their TD. I am sick of inconsitent calls, and the cheap calls Hamilton gets.

I saw a stat where we averaged 7.5 yards per play on 2nd down, so I'd have to say the problem is not with second downs, but with first down. Why is it second and ten? Well, tonight probably because they were pretty keyed in on Lumsden.

Obviously I'm disapp[oninted tonight, but Edmonton made us beat them with somebody other than Lumsden. We couldn't do that. But About eight different receivers caught passes tonight, maybe someone will emerge from that bunch.

When you live by the pass you get a lot of 2nd and 10's. Mainly due to incompletions and defensive pressure.

...and Maas not throwing the ball

...and Maas not throwing the ball
Give me a break, he barely had a chance to throw the ball. He was running for his life most of the night with little or no protection.

If you want to blame Maas for this loss, you may want to look at the play of the people around him first.

I am not blaming Maas for this loss at all, I'm just stating that he was holding onto the ball way to long. Besides that he played exceptionally well.

The Eskimoe Defence was fired up big time .

Their Linebackers were punishing and pumped up by Kepley and Gass ,not to mention two losses in a row .

But,we almost stole this game from a Eskimoe squad playing inspired and tough Defence!

What the heck was our defence doing?
When you allow Edmonton's receivers to catch every pass thats thrown to them its a wonder the final score was so close.I didn't see anyone going for the ball. It was as if our defence was hanging around waiting for the Edmonton receiver to catch the pass before they decided to do something. And then there was that touchdown pass deep into end zone where we had no one anywhere near the receiver. Our guys were all on the goal line.
Something is very wrong with the defence right now.
Can't blame Maas this time.

Maas did not play "exceptionally well" apart from holding onto the ball too long. He still threw lots of bad passes (a little behind, not far enough ahead...). He's not to be blamed entirely for the loss but he didn't do enough to win the game either. For starters, blame can also go to Setta, Bauman, the O-line and the secondary.

An Argo-Cat fan

(Barney) Maas did not play "exceptionally well" apart from holding onto the ball too long. He still threw lots of bad passes (a little behind, not far enough ahead...). He's not to be blamed entirely for the loss but he didn't do enough to win the game either. For starters, blame can also go to Setta, Bauman, the O-line and the secondary.

An Argo-Cat fan

Barney, for a guy who supports the Argos, you’ve got good insight.
I’m glad that you also support the Ticats.

Maas played well enough for us to lose a winnable game again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!