Ticats Free Agency Tracker 2024

2 Likes

Ticats should hold firm @ $250-270K
If White wants to move across the country go for it and use the saving elsewhere on the roster.

1 Like

Not sure what the big deal is, actually.
Football is an emotional game, and emotions run high .
If anyone watched the Super Bowl, and saw the clip where Kelsey shoved his own coach - no one seemed to be bothered too much by that one.

And, instead of disciplining Kelsey, he goes and puts him in the game, and he exceeds in catching for many yards .
Then Kelsey says he has the best coach in the world.

Those kinds of players ( Edwards, Hill etc. ) - all they need is good coaching, empathy, and discipline instruction - not suspensions.

2 Likes

I’m staying firm on my desire to date Taylor Swift.

3 Likes

Another informative feature with our new GM. I’m really enjoying his pretty straight forward interviews and updates for fans. I feel a hint, in this one, that a key thing they want is an improved, more together, “high character” locker room than existed last season.
Worth a listen, linked in FMFan’s post #912.

1 Like

Craziness but I think he’s just trying to get the max out of the Cats that he can. On no planet should Tim be making more than Kenny Lawler.

1 Like
2 Likes

10 a.m. Pending free agents can now, officially, accept and sign on to any offer they’ve received. The next few hours should be interesting.

Say the wrong thing and Josh Smith will publically shame you. Consider yourself warned.

2 Likes

If we lose Tim White, who can we get to replace him that is even close? Honest question. I tend to hyper focus on Ticats stuff and sometimes ignore other players in the league that are not top 3 at their positions.

3 Likes

I thought MTL losing Lewis in free agency before last season would be a catastrophe for them.

3 Likes

Yes he called out “Ticat fans”

2 Likes

This is the thing. White has leverage, in that he has been Hamilton’s top receiver the past few years. Tons of production. If he leaves, replacing that production will not be easy. There is no one comparable on the free-agent market to replace him. You would have to do what Montreal did last year: beat the bushes for quality American receiving talent and hope that one of those guys turns into the next Tim White.

This is what Montreal will be doing again this year, to replace Austin Mack, incidentally.

1 Like

Beyond the usual FA period type conversations “it would be nice to sign Eugene Lewis” etc does anyone remember fans demanding we “throw every available dollar” ??. It feels made up.

4 Likes

Not everyone agrees with me I know…
If the market dictates he’s worth 300K, then he’s worth 300K in my opinion. It is ultimately a matter of opinion but he is in the argument of top receiver in the league. ( top 3 for sure). So we’ll possibly be willing to pay him 260-280K, but 300K is a no? There has to be a way to make this work. Give him that big lower tax signing bonus, or give him a few thousand in incentives to get him closer to 300K . We get our starting QB to take a 50% pay cut, we have a starting running back making less then many starting running backs, we have two kickers that most likley signed back on the cheap, we have a backup QB still on his rookie deal, but here we are.
Edit to add: a deal could be done already as far as we know.

3 Likes

Yep, he’s full of shit.

d170e01f-4674-4493-bf5c-bb89b85883d7_text

2 Likes

Looks like we lost Adeleke to the boatman

I feel like he’s referring to some of my posts lol

1 Like

I agree with you. I couldn’t fault Lewis for wanting to get paid last year, especially since our chaotic ownership situation at the time meant Maciocia couldn’t keep a number of players. And I can’t fault White for wanting to be the second-highest-paid receiver in the league. He’s earned it. Yes, I know folks will talk about Schoen and Hatcher and whoever, but all those guys will be happy to see another receiver making $300k, because it sets the market for them.

These guys have short careers and can be cut the second their production falls off. I don’t blame them for wanting to get paid.

4 Likes

If letting him go wasn’t a TiCat decision made some time ago, and the $ has already been spent, there’s a lot of dollars the club can put toward getting what they see as their biggest need.