Ticats fans angry at Holmes?.........no way!

Willie Quinnie got some playing time and probably did as well as Corey woulda.....

Yes marriage and love of your family and a break was a good idea Corey.

Hey Jason Maas,I bet the same could be said even more for you and your family that you love so much.

Let's hope so, Beamreach. Let's hope everyone comes out of the womb and experiences some happiness soon.

I'm likely old enough to be your grandfather, pup. But, you're going to have to settle for my being your mentor.

Quit thinking like a second string amateur.

"Your attention, please."

"The Shark has just successfully been jumped."

[quote="dropkickpro"]["

I'm likely old enough to be your grandfather, pup. quote]

Then you must be at least 110 :o ! Thats the problem then......senility :stuck_out_tongue:
My online name should have given you a hint.

Anyway....no offence taken.
I still think Corey has one heck of a big heart..which does not stop at football.

Let me summarize if i may (clearly for my own clarification)

mr62's point: Football = game, kids family = real life

DKP's point: kids +family = real life
football = paying for real life

more or less correct, no?

Both good points, you've got to wonder if Corey was having a 150 pards per game season whether or not he'd leave then.

not questioning his loyalty to the team at all, but you can't fault him for taking this ooportunity for a break IF that was the case.

I think Corey has his priorities in order! :thup:

God>Family>Football

If we keep agreeing on things woody, people will start to talk… lol

don't worry, we've already started.

hahaha

I remember reading this comment the first time you posted it, and I felt I learned all I needed to about your analytical skills at the time.

The CFL season has … how many games again? Oh, that’s right. It’s 18.

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

expat, i think his point is that the home games mean more to the fans than the away games.

20 including exhibition games, and they only work 1/2 a day each game. Now you know the rest of the story. Don't bother thanking me. :o

How in the world did this ever get started. It is the craziest, most stupid, outrageous comment I have ever heard.
Since when does a couple of drunks become most of the fans.
Corey you are a great player and I am proud you are playing in Hamilton. Take care of your family first.
Did Corey become a new Dad?
Thanks to the Tiger Cats for allowing him to go to be at his wifes side where he belonged.
Have a great game in Sask. Sat. pat_cat

Dismay doesn't sound like a stretch as to how a lot of fans dealt with Corey not being at the game, the reference to "gusting" pretty much implies that "anger" was rare but there.

A thread on this site does have one lonely post that can easily be described as anger, and from some of the BS I heard being yelled
at players last week it's not surprising at all if some of it was directed at a not-even-there Corey Holmes.

For the second time this year I've seen players and fans in confrontations, and before anyone says the players should be more professional keep in mind the fans are yelling insults about players families and IMO that crosses a line no matter what the circumstances.
The first time some drunken fool opens his yap and yells "f____-you Maas" he should be ejected permanently and if he's a season holder have his seasons re-sold to someone that at least no where the line is and not to cross it.
Sorry for drifting away from the topic but this year's been bizzare as far as fans shooting off at players and after 10 or so Buds it all sounds funny in their head....then they open their trap.

I totally agree with you "canucklehead" about the fans behind the bench causing trouble for the players.....I've heard many people tell me what goes on back there and the stories all match up consistently. There was one guy back there 3-4 games ago who went at Maas so bad that Maas had to finally get in the jerk's face apparantly.

My suggestion is to hang some signs on the railing behind the dugouts that say:

Fan participation is encouraged but any specific communication towards a player or coach directly, during the course of the game, which is harrassing in nature or otherwise disruptive will result in your immediate removal from the stadium and a ban on your return until management is satisfied you will behave appropriately.

[quote="mikey"]I totally agree with you "canucklehead" about the fans behind the bench causing trouble for the players.....I've heard many people tell me what goes on back there and the stories all match up consistently. There was one guy back there 3-4 games ago who went at Maas so bad that Maas had to finally get in the jerk's face apparantly.

]/quote]

I suppose you missed Maas giving the finger to the fans during that game aswell?

and I suppose you missed the asshole that yelled "no wonder your family stayed in Edmonton, they don't wanna be seen with you either"

Not once, but numerous times.
He needed so much more than one finger, that's one fan that should have had all of them.

I Agree.

I suppose you missed Maas giving the finger to the fans during that game aswell?
[/quote]
i sit in box j and if maas did give the finger which i didnt see but saw the rest of the altercation i dont blame maas for it. if the fans werent on his back and pushed him to do it. it wouldnt have happened. pretty soon were not going to have top players want to sign here as a free agent because of a few idiots that sit in box j