Ticats expected for Touchdown Atlantic II

Either way my wife has relatives in NS either 2 hours away or 4.5 hours away. It should be an easy sell

Wouldn't really be too upset if the team didn't compensate for the game but if they were to acklowledge it in some way free admission to the seasons ticket holders that can make it to the game wouldn't be the worst idea. :slight_smile:
Even a ticket in the seasons package would be cool if they didn't end up in a scalpers hands.

Interesting question, I’ll answer the best I can.

When renewals were put out for the 2010 season, we were already well aware that the prices were dropping for all season packages.
Argo Season seat holders got first crack at the tickets for the Moncton game. This season, when renewals came up I paid the same price as last season, with the potential for one more game than last season.

Bulldogs have 2 road “home” games in Montreal. We didn’t have to pay for them but if we went through the office they helped us get tickets without paying all of the service charges. Its not that big of a deal unless there are more people that want to go than tickets available

MulderS, thank you, sounds like a good way to handle the situation . I especially like the part where season ticket holders get first crack at tickets for the game.

Lets look at the facts:

• Last year it was Toronto’s home game
  • They will certainly not take a home game away from some of the western teams
  • our average attendance is one of the worst in the league (with the exception of Montreal that gets a pass)
  • The team’s goal all along is more exposure and branding for the Ticat brand

I dont need to “chill” - im being quite rational with my speculation that we’ll lose a home game, and theres a good chance it will be against one of our lesser drawing home games (Calgary, Winnipeg, BC)

OK if you find that wording offensive I’ll reword it. Don’t worry so much about something that might or might not happen this season. Its an exercise that really isn’t going to change anything and will only have caused you grief for nothing if it doesn’t happen. I’m not telling you what to do, just giving a little friendly advice that you can either accept or reject as you wish

Westjet flies Hamilton to Moncton.

Look, I may not be a marketing genius up there with the likes of Christopher Dean, but if I had the ear of Bob Young, I'd tell him to leave the TD Atlantic thingy to the rest of the CFL teams and, if anything, take a game into Buffalo to start working on that market who can actually embrace Hamilton and drive to the "new and improved" Ivor Wynne.....

Yanking the Ticats team all over the east coast does nothing to help us here especially if we want to be a truly regional team ie: my "region" includes potential fans from Buffalo

In fact, for the next few years, the CFL should do a yearly "Ticats-Argo " Buffalo Bowl" (a play on words of the term "Buffalo Bill" :wink: ) as both teams need regional exposure ........ not Moncton exposure

Thanks 8)

and further to that, Ticats and Argos fans can actually go there too and stir the City of Buffalo up......ala World Juniors Hockey a few weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted:

Aw but if its about moving a game during the construction years it does a world of good. Its curious that the scenario of playing an east coast game during construction was raised by Bob Young and its morphed into a rumour of it being next year because Mitchell repeated the suggestion on a radio interview. Love to hear the tape to find out what Mitchell really said. Seems like a very good chance its just bad reporting

Absurd.

Relatively few Bills fans even bother to travel to TOR to see their own team play why would they travel and pay to see a brand football they dont like or understand or couldnt care less about played by teams from other cities from another country ?
Finding and paying for a place to play in Buffalo and then count how many people show up would be a solid foundation for a comedic documentary.

I’m not keen on losing a home game to Moncton but one can make the case by broadening the league’s appeal accross the country translates to larger TV numbers and thus money in the pocket of Young.

From an S. Ontario point of view putting on games at UWO or in KW whilst IWS 2 is under construction is another good idea.

WestJet to cut flights
Published Thursday May 20th, 2010
Daily Moncton-Hamilton run no longer financially viable

BY ALAN COCHRANE
TIMES & TRANSCRIPT STAFF

WestJet Airlines will cancel its daily flight from Moncton to Hamilton at the end of October because the route is not making enough money, a company spokesman said last night.

“It’s a regrettable decision but the route between Hamilton and Moncton was no longer economically viable for us to continue,” WestJet spokesman Robert Palmer said in a telephone interview from the company’s head office in Calgary. “We’ve done everything we could but the numbers just aren’t there for us to continue.”

The cancellation will coincide with the beginning of the fall and winter schedule. Flights through the summer will continue as usual.

He said WestJet will continue to operate its daily flights between Moncton and Toronto.

more

[url=http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/1060345]http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/n ... le/1060345[/url]

Do it right up boys. Take the train to Moncton. $200 round trip?

It's actually $370.64 roundtrip according to Via from Toronto --> Montreal --> Moncton and back. Add another $20 in GO tickets to get to Toronto it's gonna cost around $400 for the trip apart from accommodations and the game itself. Maybe the Cats will be able to get a deal.

As long as they don't rob me of the opportunity to come down the QEW and see you guys "lose" a game this year in another way, I'm quite happy with this annoucmenet. :cowboy: It really seems to suggest that the Atlantic team is firming up quite nicely.

Unless you know something I don’t know…that’s a stretch.

If you know of someone who has shown interest

in ownership tell us about them, greenpalidin.

To me last year’s game and this year’s game are promotions
to peak the interest of potential owners with sufficient money

to sink it in to a CFL franchise and support it financially.

Four guys in a mini van, with a shitload of beer to sell and you head back with a bunch of lobster and your trip is free LOL !

Sorry Ron, I was just implying that I"m looking forward to seeing my team (see avitar) beat your team again next year…in Hamilton! :smiley:

In that case, greenpaladin, our ROSTER has firmed up lately

and if Coach Marshall and Coach Bellefeuille can get their players
on the same page as they, and their new coaching staffs, want

our two teams should have some excellent battles next year.

RE:

Sounds like a great idea I’d be interested to see how many Hamilton season ticket holders would, or would not, make that journey. I would, without hesitation.

Wonder if Niagara Falls would work too, especially if any consideration was given to marketing in WNY.