TiCats depth chart vrs OTT

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 20m20 minutes ago
#Ticats roster changes. On: RBs Carter, Ojuri & LB Kruba. Off: RB Madu, LBs Bowman, Plesius.

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvb3JpZ2luYWwvN2ZjV20uanBnFMAHFNAFABYAEgA&s=F0uozoWRoHOwf2StLa2bEhp-XSws1PZO37UBnRIl948

Four wins...First Place. :thup:

With two newcomers donning the Black & Golf for the first time, this 2014 team should be very close now to last year's all time league record of 88, I believe it was, different players dressing for a team in one season.

“Golf” (still on my mind) = Gold

It appears that Bowman is the price of dressing to backs. Is that worth it?

When you really have no clue how either back will play, yeah, I'm thinking it is. At least this week.

Of course it's worth it, since they only have 100 back-up linebackers dressed anyways. Don't forget that Murray can move to a linebacker spot if injuries arise which is why versatility is a key to getting on the Tiger-Cat game day roster.

Breaux didn't practice all week, if he can't play, we will be weak on the defensive side!

Players on 1 game Injury list

Madu
Plesius
Bowman
Dyakowski
Ellingson
Koch

Ellingson and Koch still having a hard time getting into the lineup in favour of Banks and Sinkfield!

Great observation. Also, if Reed goes down, there isn't a veteran presence at MLB with Bowman out. Remember, Plesius is out as well.

The 46 man roster has 22 Imports & 21 Non-Imports (+ 3 QB's no designation). Thus game day scratches will be 2 imports.

My guess is Jake Olson & Emanuel Davis are the scratches.

Areas of concern as mentioned is depth on defense, particularly in the linebacker unit & secondary.

If Reed goes down at MLB, I see them moving Simoni inside & Harris over to WILL with either Murray or Gainey at SAM with the other at field side defensive back.

Lawrence goes down, once again I see them moving Harris over to WILL with either Murray or Gainey at SAM & the other at field side defensive back.

If Stephen goes down, they'll have to juggle ratio. Gainey most likely moves to field side corner while they'll have to pull Hall and use a NI rotation at the 2 DT positions.

If Breaux can't go the full game, they'll probably move Murray over to boundary corner & Gainey takes his spot at field side DB.

Of course, now that they're dressing 2 RB's, it's almost guaranteed neither one will get injured!

yeah 2 backs !!!

TWO running backs!!!
How many touches though?

Is Plesius injured?
The flexibility built defensive roster comes into play here with all scenerios covered above if their should be injury.
Whether Breuax can go or gets injured during the game Davis and Gainey certainly give them starter quality in the Dbackfield.
Olsen on the 46 should one of the import OTs should something happen pre game otherwise the standard two back up National Olineman are in place.
Bowman being odd man out but again plenty of flexibilty to back up at Will or Mike. Injury to Buclke being the issue in removing Bowman. Otherwise you have all National DTs for sure.
Sinkfield starting brings no ratio issues. With now both him beating out both Koch and Ellingson.
Ojur and Carter both on at RB is needed, can't role the dice on one RB again. Austin has kept Ojur on the PR all season so I imagine he has confidence in him. Being a true rookie a PR spot was suitable.
If Plesius in not injured he would be the only questionable move as he Landry and Krewba all play teams very well but Plesius is a better LB at this point.
Eric Harris got beat big time against Toronto as SamLB with Toronto creating match up mis matches for him to cover Ownes etc.
A package for Harris and Gainey/Harris at SAM depending on the situation.
Not having a RB for holding a lead was costly against the Argos.
Since getting into THF they have been unstoppable. If they should have any problems with Ottawa then there would be other issues, They should not have not problems even though the RBs have played well at times recently, Hamilton is gearing up for playoff form.

Thanks for the best smile of the day, in fact maybe of the week since that collapse in the Dome, LB74.

The RBs, although yet to unveil their Depth Chart online, are making several changes according to cfl.ca/transactions:

OTT ADD IMP Dan BUCKNER (WR) Arizona
OTT ADD NIP James GREEN (LB) Calgary
OTT ADD IMP Onrea JONES (WR) Hampton
OTT ADD FROM INJURED IMP Jeremiah JOHNSON (RB) Oregon
OTT ADD FROM INJURED NIP Robin MEDEIROS (WR) Bishop's
OTT ADD FROM INJURED IMP Carlton MITCHELL (WR) South Florida
OTT ADD FROM INJURED IMP Jermaine ROBINSON (DB) Toledo
OTT ADD FROM INJURED IMP Marlon SMITH (DE) Texas at San Antonio

OTT TRF TO INJURED IMP Dobson COLLINS (WR) Gardner-Webb
OTT TRF TO INJURED NIP John DELAHUNT (TE) Connecticut
OTT TRF TO INJURED IMP Moton HOPKINS (DL) Tulsa
OTT TRF TO INJURED IMP Khalil PADEN (WR) Northern Arizona
OTT TRF TO INJURED IMP Jamill SMITH (WR) Ball State
OTT TRF TO INJURED NIP Connor WILLIAMS (DE) Utah State

Yes it’s worth it and the call should made the 1st time

Still likely more passing than running but with a lead have two ball carrying RBs who can carry the ball and eat some clock when needed.
We may not see it this week unless needed vs Ottawa but next week in Toronto MGgee and a wild cat package could be put into effect.

cflsteve...I've always considered you a knowledgeable CFL fan...until now. Are you friggin' dreaming?? Not in a million years.

Yes. Even ignoring the injury insurance angle, with no game-tested player available, you want both rookies dressed in case one wilts under real game conditions.