Ticats Depth Chart 2021

As I said, nobody, not even the reincarnation of the best lineman of the century, would start as a DT if he were a 45th pick in the CFL draft from the CIS.

1 Like

We need a "Don't feed the Troll" emoji...
(You are not the one I was referring to).

4 Likes

Bottom line is simply this...our 2 starting interior D-Lineman (Laurent / Wynn) are both back this season . The problem is that both of their back-ups from last year (Wade - Cdn and Dean - Amr ) have both retired . In essence we are suddenly looking for not only one but two new back-ups in the middle of the line . One being American backing up Wynn and the other being Canadian backing up Laurent .

4 Likes

Actually just as a follow up to my previous post another option as a replacement for Wade might be Global player Chris Mulumba who isn't listed on the depth chart .He is from Finland but did go to a NCAA div 1 school in Colorado .

Here is more about this interesting prospect ...

3 Likes

As someone stated earlier, they may be able to rotate Mason Bennett in also at defensive end if they need a Canadian for the ratio.

Considering they will have 4 starting Canadians on the Oline, they may go with either Thomas-Erlington at rb or a Canadian receiver on offence. Adeleke and Laurent gives us the 7. So if Teddy has to come out they may have no choice but to put Bennett in, or move Adeleke to corner or Sam then sub Daly or Katsantonis in at safety. Not absolutely critical to have a backup Cdn defensive tackle but it would be nice. Iā€™m sure there will be some cuts around the league that we could pick up for depth.

1 Like

Okafor was a good college ball DT in the AUS; he could be converted back to DT and given a shot. And Bennett is an outstanding young DE prospect - he could play some reps right away perhaps.

Doug Petersen was next man-up/ pressed into service as a rookie DT starter on the BC Lions 94 GC team - he was a force in that game.

3 Likes

AMERICAN DE Mauldin backed up Laurent for most of 2019 . Wade barely played due to some injuries. So Mauldin could backup Wynn or Laurent since he is better at DT then DE

1 Like

Kicker wise FERRARO played about 5 games with the Riders in 2019 and Ticats also just added former Carlton Ravens kicker michael domagala who spent some time at ticats training camp in 2019 and dressed for two pre season games. But team hasn't announced that yet but it's on the cfl transaction page which I noticed last night and Domagala liked my tweet and Instagram story about it so it is true just Ticats are slow to announce signings

1 Like

Sorry to burst your bubble but Mauldin dressed in 11 regular season games in 2019 plus the EF and Grey Cup for a total of 13 games and was listed exclusively as a DE on the depth chart for everyone of them .

For the record he was listed as backing up Howsare in 9 games , Tracy in 1 game and started 1 game . His one start being the meaniless last game of the season versus the Argos . He backed up Howsare in both the EF and the GC .

Wade dressed for 15 regular season games in 2019 plus the EF and GC for a total of 17 games . He was listed exclusively at DT . Wade was listed as Laurent's back-up 15 times (13 regular season plus both EF and GC ) . His other 2 games he backed up Dean in one and like Mauldin started his only game of the season versus Toronto in game 18 to close out the schedule .

2 Likes

I was actually at every home game in 2019 and have photographic evidence that Mauldin wasn't playing at DE like Depth chart listed since DAVIS AND Howsare were on the field along with Mauldin in pics i took .Mauldin only played at DE during Grey Cup after Howsare got injured

Depth charts aren't always accurate

Yes Wade dressed for games but rarely played he was on the sideline most of the time except for special teams reps and a few back up reps I was at every home game so pretty sure I know who was on the field and at what position

Not that I want to argue with you but isn't that what a back-up usually does ?
Play specials and a few relief reps throughout the game ? For the record you weren't the only person who attended every home game in 2019 .

1 Like

Some backups play alot more and I know I'm not the only one who was at games but only me and other photographers have proof that your wrong about Mauldin playing at DE like you said he did.

Davis Sack during the eastern final. You can see Davis and Howsare are the DE and Wynn and Mauldin at DT

I guessed you must've missed that last meaningless home game against the Argos when Mauldin started then in place of Howsare . In fact very few regulars started or dressed for that game as they were rested for the play-offs .

1 Like

That's one game, he played at back up DT for most of the season except for one game and grey cup after Howsare got injured. Mcgough had more reps at DE then Mauldin did and I have many photos that prove that

That's actually a pretty sweet photo you got in the EF . Admittedly it does prove your point . Let's just see how the D-Line shakes down in T Camp .

I'm curious , do you do photography for a living or perhaps work for the team in some capacity or is photography just a hobby ?

3 Likes

I do have a photography diploma so trying to do it for a living but pandemic and a few other things have been barriers but now that I have my 2nd vaccine plan to try and do some paid shots shortly. I would love to work for the team but sadly they have photographers already though if contacts I know ever needed a assistant maybe I could photograph one game on the field. I am friends with many cfl players so mainly choose to take pics at Games so them and there families have photos to view and because I love photography and football

2 Likes

Very good . Would love if you could show us a few more of your pics . The sack on Harris one is a thing of beauty . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks

Brandon Banks Touchdown Oct 4th 2019

3 Likes