TiCats choose Gaydosh #1

On a similar note , Plesius and Kirby Fabian (BC draft pick) were at The Giants mini camp this week-end which is now over , the reports I have read showed The Giants signing 6 players and releasing five that they had under contract , ....the two mentioned above were not on the list of the 6 signed. As far as the Caroina mini camp , I think it has one more day to run (to-day) so hopefully there will be reports soon of whom they signed if anyone.

I doubt he will be a starter, he will be a backup for many years. He played in Calgary not the NCAA, he’s only tackled CIS QBs and CIS running backs. If he goes to Carolina training camp that will be a good experience for him, the first time he will face professionals and NCAA trained players.

Again making stuff up. He did very well at the Shrine Bowl earlier this year.

Ticats draft pick Linden Gaydosh has signed with the Carolina Panthers after attending their rookie camp this weekend. He went to camp without a contract and earned one based on his performance.

The expectation is that Gaydosh will now attend the Panthers training camp in August, meaning he will not be at Ticats camp this spring.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/05/gaydosh-signs-with-panthers.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/ ... thers.html[/url]

If he showed them the kind of stuff he showed at the Combine. I’m not surprised. Good for him. Came out of nowhere and just went and got what he wanted.

This is really starting to get depressing , all 5 picks last year did not show , the top three this year are either in the NFL pipeline or going back to school , why don’t we just start the draft at player #10… at least we will get a body in Training Camp ! Montreal looks like genius’s drafting Edem and Lumbala two very good players who will quite probably be with them this year and for years to come.
While I am on my rant , I also hope with the new CBA /new TV deal coming up next year —that the CFL increases the wages enough so we can keep some our top home grown players . The way it is now it is embarrassing and just gives the critics more ammunition to ridicule our game/league.

I am as pro-Canadian as they come but I can totally understand players wanting a shot at the NFL. Pro football is a job and one that can only be done for 4-10 years on average because of the toll and demand on your body. They need to make as much as they can while playing.

The CFL minimum is only 45,000 vs. the NFL which is 300,000+. Even a practice squad spot would pay twice what he would make in the CFL. Although he is the first overall pick he is totally unproven as a pro so I highly doubt he would have gotten more than 50-60,000 in the CFL.

Money aside, an athlete who can compete at a professional level would naturally desire to play against the best players on earth.

Hamilton could have picked Edem, in fact I was surprised they did not take him or Sewell, he’s local and has improved so much year to year. they CHOSE to draft the best DT in the draft, so its a risk/reward proposition. What is interesting is that CFL teams bank on them coming back but as the coaching improves in the CIS and CEGEP, these guys are a lot more competitive when they go down south and they are sticking down there. Martin,Crawford,Blake,Watkins,Bukulidi,Pazstor all made their teams. You guys waited four years of Giguere and lost Rottier to Edmonton but they either don’t care or don’t learn from their past mistakes.

Absolutely. Just like actors from all over the world jump at the chance to work in Hollywood.

Right now Gaydosh is still very valuable to the TiCats .
The Ticats still own his rights and if he does not make the Panthers then he will be a Ticat!
He will get valuable experience in the Panthers Camp and if he is good enough to make the NFL then more power to the kid.
If he doesn't make the NFL he comes back to the Cats.
It is quite possible that he would not start for a couple of seasons anyways.

So now we have complaints that our Canadian first round picks are too good for the CFL. :roll:

It is quite possible Gaydosh will be around the NFL for awhile , in the meantime I imagine The Cats still want to try and have available quality cdn defensive linemen , whether they back-up or be it a starter or two. So who are out there , we currently have three on the roster.
Hazime and Nadon (once he is healed from his surgery ) I guess , (barring a trade for someone else) ..........hopefully we can sign one of these two or both for this season.

Not good enough for the CFL, but maybe good enough for the NFL? :wink:

You could be right that, if he doesn’t make the cut in Carolina and signs with the Ticats, he’d be a backup for a while. But I suspect he’d end up starting in his second year. You can’t keep atheticism down for long.

I guess I spoke too soon. Looks like he did impress enough to make it to the Panthers main camp. Guess you'll have to wait a little while longer. So are the Als then really the only team to have a first round pick making it to camp, and two of them at that in Edem and Lumbala? Wow.