Ticats-Bombers pre-season play-by-play thread

Good afternoon. Paying due homage to BobYoungFan, it is finally time to resume the tradition of having a play-by-play thread on ticats.ca.

WHAT The first pre-season game between the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHO The new players and returning veterans of both teams.

WHERE Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg MB.

WHEN 8:00pm EST.

WHY To see who is good enough to make the team.

HOW CHML radio, Y108 radio, 900chml.com, y108.com, and http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/tv/

CFL FOOTBALL IS BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!

LET THE PARTYING BEGIN!!!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/tv/ Game can be see here via the Web.

Join sportswriters Ed Tait and Gary Lawless and columnist Randy Turner for real-time coverage of the Blue Bombers' first pre-season game on June 17 at CanadInns stadium.

They will also present a live pre-game show from the stadium from 5 to 5:30 p.m.

Gametime is 7 p.m.

Nuts, you ruined my surprise.

Enjoy the game on the web folks.

Thanks for getting the game thread for this started, Sigpig. If you want to be the one to get these threads started off, that would be fine with me.

But I will post a few things I usually post in these threads prior to the opening kickoff.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He's there in Winnipeg, and he might get a nasty case of Blackberry Thumb if he'll be blogging from the game. :slight_smile:

Click here to view TicatsCommunications Twitter updates. Will that be kept updated during the game?

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view a video where Mike Kelly says LeFors will play the 1st quarter, Randall will play the 2nd, Kilian the 3rd, and Williams the 4th.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At this time, it says the probability of precipitation this evening is 60%. But here it now says it might not be raining by 7:00 p.m. local time.

And there is one other thing I would like to say, which is what I've been waiting for months to say:

Go Ticats!

GO CATS GO EAT EM RAW

Note that those are local times in Winnipeg, those of us in the Eastern timezone need to add one hour.

they're actually going to show the game on that winnipeg link?

BYF, you're the best at starting these threads. I was just jumping the gun... lol

Wicked!!! Here we go folks!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhh at last... been along time coming.... looking forward to participating!!

:rockin: :cowboy: :rockin: :cowboy: :rockin: :cowboy: :rockin: :cowboy: :D :lol:

58 Mins to 1st kick off of the Preseason

is anyone's stream working? Mine isn't and it's after 6 now!

It just started now, not long after you posted that. :slight_smile:

Drew Edwards is on now. He said he’ll blog as much as possible during the game. And there will be updates on the game here.

But a post in this thread says the game won’t be streamed.

That's fine, you can jump the gun whenever you want. You did fine. As long as we have a thread to discuss the game, that's OK.

Anyway, players I'm interested in hearing about other than the QBs are Ball, Currie, Cobb, Morrow, Hickman, and Castelo, to name a few. I'd like to get a better idea how good they really are.

It a Tigertown Tradition to have the thread
When BYF was away last year I started a few times last year
He right as long as we have it that all that matters

Thanks to sigpig for re-starting the play-by-play thread and to BobYoungFan for his always useful backgrounder. It's been 228 days since the Ticats last played a game. The players and the fans are ready. Go Cats Go!

Hello Everyone
Another season is upon us
I feel fairly optimistic about this season, I think the Cats may have finally gotten the team chemistry correct.
Of course this game on when I have to go to school but that the way it is with a 12 hour time difference
Let's hope we can see some signs that this season might actually have some merit

GO CATS!!

Not a problem. I like to post information that others here might find useful. But it's been 228 days since the last game? You can understand why we get excited about this "meaningless" game. :slight_smile:

Anyway, from http://twitter.com/ticatspr

A few reunions taking place on the field: Goodspeed and Glenn w/ former Bomber teammates and Richie Williams w/ his former Ticat teammates16 minutes ago
I wonder what was being said there and then.

Argos game is on Fan590 in about 30 min. Give us something to laugh at until the real football starts.

Preseason Means Nothing Really ... We have not lost a Preseason game in 2 + years.
Our Tticats and Argos could be real good also in preseason and still Stink it up once the real season starts.