Ticats aquire OL Ramsay

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/06/ticat-trade-for-brian-ramsay.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/ ... amsay.html[/url]

Should we know who Ramsay is, where does he come from, is he any good? :oops:

5th round pick in 2006, started quite a bit with the Argos all over the OL.6"7" 298 lbs.

Very decent player. Not sure why Toronto felt they could part with him. Maybe they are deeper on the o-line than I thought. He had a knee injury in 07.

Wonder how many picks and what rounds..

Good pickup in my books and good timing as he will have at least a few days to learn the plays first.

So the blue team is deeper in NI OLine then we are?

Not really.Just looked and Ramsays age concerns me a bit.Born in 1980.Hope we didn't cough up too much to the blew team.

He’s only 30. Most o-linemen play till 34-36. He has a few seasons left in him. AB III is older…

Its not how long he'll play persay, i'm just saying I hope we didn't overpay for this guy that's all.I wonder if he was brought in to backup or start.Either way he'd do well IMO

Jimenez had to have really rearranged his knee, to bad. I didn't think he was hurt that bad. Same age as Jimenez, my God he's an old man. :wink:

I've watched Ramsay closely the past three seasons. He played mostly right tackle, a bit of left guard. Was not particularly impressive at either position, IMO. Last year he had some truly terrible performances at tackle but a lot of it may have been the system he was playing in.

I would say that the Argos do have more depth than the Ticats on the offensive line. They have two import tackles (Murphy and Boatman), four starting-calibre Canadians (Picard, Robertson, Gagne-Marcoux and Van Zeyl, who beat out Ramsay in camp this year), two high draft picks develloping (Eppele and St. Pierre) and a decent journeyman (Keeping). Plus Mike Warner, who was an OUA all-star at Waterloo last season (don't know where he will play this year) and (if he ever gets cut by Cleveland) Joel Reinders.

If the TiCats can go with an all Canuck OLine then bye bye Bauman. Four imports plus Stala looks pretty good. Carter and MacKay waiting in the wings.

Details on the trade: http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/ … unced.html

Cats gave up a 4th rounder in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2013. Not much at all. Conditional picks are rarely over 4th round.

I question why you cut Carlson then trade for Ramsay. I don’t really see the logic here.

He was placed on the 9 game IR. Not good.

Obviously Carlson wasn't developing enough. Doesn't the fact that he never saw the field or active roster tell you something?

Who knows what Obie knows?

Only Obie know what Obie Knows

This is Nice pick up

allow us to play all Canadians up Front and go with 4 American wide outs
why I think Reggie fish will be kept on Practice Roster

Carlson was a mistake. I called it last year and it came home to roost this year. Obie didn't make many mistakes in year two but this was clearly one.

For years I’ve been advocating for an all Canadian O Line. Now,out of necessity(Jimenez hurt) we have it. Ramsay,Morencie, and Cody Husband will be the backups on the roster or the practice squad. I think this helps our special teams and receiving corps with more flexibility. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Lol well with Jaminez out Winnipeg fans are predicting they set the record for most sacks in a game..

Winnipeg is the only team with enough depth on the oline to survive injuries considering they have several potential allstar backups on their lines.