Ticats and Argos want bigger piece of CFL revenue pie ?

Well, the Winnipeg Sun tells us to "shove it" (so to speak) :lol:

Excerpt:

BIG-CITY B.S.: So the owners of the Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts want a bigger piece of the CFL's revenue pie?

That's the word from out east, and I can only imagine the reaction that suggestion got around the boardroom table.

The argument is the highly populated southern Ontario market contributes more to the pot in the form of corporate sponsorships and TV ratings, so the Ticats and Argos should take more from it.

To which we say, "hogwash" to Hogtown. Steel City, that's a pipe dream.

Steve Milton of the Hamilton Spectator actually suggested TV audiences and "the spark of national media interest all originate in the Big Smoke."

I'd hazard a guess there are more TV viewers watching the average three-down game in the West than there are in Toronto.

But what do we know, out here in the colonies.

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/columnists/paul_friesen/2009/10/16/11421356-sun.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/colum ... 6-sun.html[/url]

Thoughts? :cowboy:

Backroom dealings …lol Been going on for decades in sport’s . Good read thank you Can not really judge him by one article but …Seems like a weekly rant column would be better for him .
Steel Town Hall Of Fame … I guess we should be the class of the league . The BIG SMOKE .
Revenue sharing will be a topic for years to come .

I don’t know how the viewership breaks down, he may be correct in that aspect. It does not mean that the league has anywhere the same value if it is not represented in Ontario. Again that would apply if you pulled most markets. You are either a National brand or you are not and I think that is what the Toronto owners were hinting at. Toronto is struggling and they get the GC every 5 years or so. How is Hamilton doing it ???

Now keep in mind that Friesen has been told in Winnipeg for years how it is Bauer saved them, not that they got 800k in handouts for helping them with the move in the Eastern Division and were given the Grey Cup in spite of inadequate facilities.

The team needs to increase its revenues, it is that simple. They need a better TV deal, personaly in this day and age they should go to produing their own broadcasts ans creating their own channel. 150.00 a year for non season ticket holders and a rebate voucher for those that do. Grey Cup would be on broadcast tv with some help from the feds if need be.

There has not been a commissioner who has managed to get these guys to work together for the good of the game so I am not getting my hopes up. Whatever happens it will be deserved. The solutions are obvious but they need require more than a group of old rich guys affraid to lose their toy.

There has not been a commissioner who has managed to get these guys to work together for the good of the game so I am not getting my hopes up. Whatever happens it will be deserved. The solutions are obvious but they need require more than a group of old rich guys affraid to lose their toy.
Together is the key word ...