Ticats and Argos Hit The Hardwood

Millions of people annually fundraise in efforts to help find a cure for Breast Cancer. The Sultan Prospects will again for the 7th year be part of that effort by hosting a girls’ basketball tournament where 31 of the top junior aged teams in the Province will compete for 3 days. The tournament will be held in five locations using six courts in the cities of Mississauga and Oakville on the weekend of January 9-11, 2009.

The highlight of the weekend will be held at Sheridan College – Oakville Campus at 8:00pm on Saturday January 10, 2009. The Toronto Argonauts and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats will put away their pads and helmets and put on their basketball shoes to help with this great cause. Your favourite Ticats will take to the court like Ray Mariuz, Tony Miles, Peter Dyakowski, J.P. Bekasiask, Nick Kordic, Adam Kania, and more...

Tickets for the game are a very reasonable $10 and qualify each person for raffle prizes being drawn throughout the evening. The game will include some of your favourite players from both teams, music, food and Breast Cancer items for sale. Players will also be available for autographs at the end of the game. There are only 1,000 tickets being sold, which can be pre-ordered or bought at the door, the day of the event.

For further information please contact Fergy Neves at http://www.sultanprospects.com.

This was a fun night out!

If you have the time...it's easy to get to...no parking hassels...a good cause and a cheap night out! :thup:

Sounds good and fun, great cause, never been to this but read about it here. Have to see what the other half wants to do Sat night.

It was a fun time last year. I think it was Byron Parker that had a lot of exciting plays last year but it was fun to watch for a great cause. I am going to try and make it up again on Saturday. Hopefully it's the first win of many for the Cats in 2009.

This is probably old news to most folks around here, but Parker won the 2003 NCAA slam dunk contest. Don’t know whether he’s participating in the activities this weekend.

I wish there were such games in Hamilton.

I'd love to go.

Are the Cats ever going to play hockey against the Argos again? I used to go to the games when they played them at the Chedoke Twin pads in the middle 90's. Sure love to see that again!

Would love to go but no way there..