TiCats @ Alls post-game thread - Kiss the 2019 Witches vol XIV

I suspect that there might be a few more starters on the sidelines next week - OR they might get pulled earlier in the game.
I see the sinking boatmen are sill playing MBT even though they have four QBs on their roster for the game. Don’t see the point of that but that’s not a topic for our celebratory thread here.

It was the Banks show and deservedly so but I’m just as impressed with Evans. The guy has a cannon for an arm and is showing more poise and confidence each game.

Dane - The more playing time the better he gets. I hope he plays next week, but limited.

The other two are “scheduled” to play in the second half.

How Evans isn’t a bigger story is baffling. Backup QB… 9-2 as a starter gets team to division final.

I agree, maybe play him the first half, if the team is well ahead .

Agree completely. All Adams and Fajardo.

Go look up Fajardo vs Evans stats. And they’re trying to make Fajardo a MOP candidate. What a joke.

Me thinks TSN, CFL media finds it boring.
There’s no drama or subplots here. Evans took over and that’s pretty much it. Had Evans struggled and HAM tumbled to third or something THEN turned it around they would have been attracted to Evans as a story more.
HAM has to pump it’s own tires and that’s fine by me. Glad Evans hasn’t taken the league by storm.

One could make an argument for Evans as MOP too - but then he’d have to get past Banks!

Sit as many starters as possible next week, 1 extra week of rest shouldn’t be an issue.

I believe Evans only had 7 incomplete passes! 29/36 according to the CFL stats. Just over 80%. He’s made GREAT progress since being tossed into the starting role three months ago!

Just saw the stats from the TO/OTTRB game and their THREE QBs combined had similar stats to Evans! I will say that O’Connor looked good at times but also had to deal with some pressure. Only way he’s going to learn to work with that is to play.
The OTTRBs just looked sad. No doubt that they’re the bottom feeders this season and have “won” the draft lottery! LOL ;D

Evans has done great in this situation, much better than Masoli 2015.
One of the reasons Evans may not get the credit, that he should is, he is playing on a loaded team. Top to bottom this is the best team in football. Players, coaches and, of course, the fans!

Yet BLM always got credit for the Stamps’ successes over the years.

Do you think the parade will start at THF or end there? Should I bring a chair, or reserve a spot? :wink:

Let’s not go all Toronto Maple Leaf here, come the EF, if the D does another sleep walk through the first quarter, and the offence spins its wheels, you might have to wait on that signature change.

Love the 14-3, but we were slow against Ottawa and their 3rd string QB, and Montreal was a handful using their backup at QB and RB. Let’s celebrate our wins after they happen.

Excellent point. He had two years as a backup to learn and develop under Dickenson’s system and when he did take over the starting role, he was familiar with his teammates and was surrounded by talent.
By contrast, Collaros who started for the Ticats the same season, had to adjust to a new coaching staff, new offensive system, new players and he STILL almost beat the loaded Stamps team in the GC even though he missed several games in the first half of the season. He outplayed BLM - certainly in the second half of that 2014 GC game.

No doubt that BLM is talented but I’ve seen him be outplayed by the Ticats on a few occasions but still get credit when they managed to pull off a win. In our narrow loss to the horses lat month, I’m sure Dane outplayed BLM!

You DO remember that these are “meaningless” games? Especially today, both teams played mainly “vanilla” schemes so it did look like they were slow coming out of the gate. The D AND the O turned it on when they had to - enough to secure a comfortable win.

If indeed a meaningless game, why was Banks in until the end, and Addison back in after getting cranked? Moore goes in for only garbage time? Regular starters played most of the game. I don’t think Orlondo considered it meaningless, he was going for points right to the end, making a statement.

Regardless, two games in a row, Cats have stumbled in the first quarter. Won’t cut it when the games are for real.

But isn’t this the best kind of problem to have, and moreover, an unavoidable one when you’re at the top of the league? I look back on the days (so long ago now!) when my Als were the division powerhouse and we were often in the same boat – at 13-5 or around there in the late part of the season, comfortably in first place, with nothing really to play for. Inevitably there will be lags and lulls and letdowns. Players aren’t robots. I think Coach O made the right decision keeping the starters in. It fit with what I was saying before the game: that each team had different positions and thus different trajectories. My Als needed to rest players, because of the injuries and the lack of a bye week down the stretch. Y’all needed to stay focused and sharp, so what better way to do that than by treating the game as business as usual?

2015 team was loaded.

In part, here’s how an Alouettes’ staff writer saw it:

“The good news is our number ones beat theirs and our number twos put up a good show, even when the starters were still on the field on the opposite side. Like we’ve been saying since the beginning of the season, we have the talent and the heart to beat any team. And seeing how theTicatswere trying to get in our guys’ heads, they probably know it too.”