Ticats Add Three To Roster

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that the team has added three international players to their roster: receiver/kicker returner Quincy McDuffie, running back Sam Ojuri, and defensive lineman Adrian Tracy.

McDuffie, a 5-10, 178-pound, native of Orlando, Florida, appeared in one game with the Tiger-Cats in 2014, recording 152 return yards, including a 67-yard punt return for a touchdown. The UCF product finished his NCAA career as the school’s all-time leader in kick returns (90), kick return yards (2,501), and kick return touchdowns (6).

Ojuri, a 6-0, 202-pound, native of Barrington, Illinois, spent the majority of the 2014 season on the Ticats practice roster. In three seasons at North Dakota State, he rushed for 3,594 yards and 33 touchdowns and had 210 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown.

Tracy, a 6-3, 243-pound, native of Fairfax, Virginia, returns to Hamilton after spending four weeks on the Ticats practice roster last season. Prior to arriving in Hamilton last fall, he attended training camp with the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals and spent parts of four seasons with the New York Giants, who selected him in the sixth round (184th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. In four seasons at William and Mary, Tracy registered 283 tackles and 31 quarterback sacks, and was named All-CAA first-team as a junior and senio[/b]r.

These signings are a waste of cash that could go to a valued FA? I don't get these signing at all ? How about a O Lineman ! How about showing the fans something like signing a Speedy B , a Norwood (close?) or a Hickman why does this team keep bringing in youth ? Build on what we have is it because of the BS cap the same cap the the Argos and Riders like to abuse? Just don't get it my tiger friends ..,,,

I take it you're hoping we sign some star O-linemen from other CFL teams, months in advance of the opening of the free agency period?

We need a RB $! What I am
Saying is we have not even signed 1of our FA yet

Mr. negative or what? Every freaking post you take exception to everything the cats do. Why bother? Do you think it really matters what you write. Like it or not there is a salary cap. Free agents of any value will wait until Feb to play one team against another to get the most $$ they can. What the heck do you realistic expect the Cats to do if Banks, et al won't sign until after Fred agency starts?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzUden5IIAAdpGe.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzUden5IIAAdpGe.jpg

does it really matter what you write ! Cherp Cherp :lol: whatever buddy!

The only cash being spent at the moment on these signings would be the signing bonuses. There's no salary paid outside the regular season. And depending on what else happens between now and training camp, these players could end up being cut at any point, thrown back onto the practice roster or just let go.

Also, with Banks and Grigsby becoming free agents in February, and both having interest in trying out in the NFL, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to re-sign either one. So I'm in total support for locking up backups at both positions. And these two aren't alone in their NFL ambition, as the potential money to be made is huge. I'm guessing that Austin has made offers to some if not all our free agent players and is just waiting to hear back from their agents. Some are looking south, others may be waiting until February to test out the free agent market. And some may just be talking it over with their families and agents. We just don't know.

But in the meantime, Austin isn't going to just sit on his hands. And maybe signing some competition could force some free agents' hands, convincing them to take the offer now.

Thx for clarifying the logic and the process of these signing ,interesting moves now I understand why mostly no action on FA will continue till Feb , Thx Merry Xmas !

It's simple really,all three are insurance policy signees. With Banks,Grigsby and Hickman all being pending FA's,it's just a matter of Austin covering all his bases just in case of a worst case scenario.The best case scenario is of course all three FA's getting resigned,then these three signees will at the very least add depth and competition in training camp next season in case of injury plus all three were here this year albeit in very limited roles but are all familiar with the systems and schemes that Austin and his two coordinators are running. The one thing Austin has done very well since coming here is making sure that this team has strong depth throughout the roster at pretty much all positions,something that his predecessors were sorely lacking in.

“Change ! …but keep everything the same !”

The idea of re-signing our own players before going after other team's FAs is a good one. It's a good place to start. For those who feel this has not been done, it's started. Eric Norwood has evidently just signed an extension.

As for our other pending FAs, I'm sure the team will continue to work on that. It's only December, so there's time. Some will sign, others may want to test the waters of free agency regardless, as is their right. And of course the team has a budget to work with and a salary cap to be concerned with. So the sky is not the limit. Also, in any negotiation it takes two to tango--if the team makes an offer and the player can get more elsewhere, the player will leave. It happens.

Between returning players and new arrivals, I'm sure KA and his staff will do a fine job and will field a strong team next year.

I just hope the "real" Ticat team doesn't wait until Labour Day to "show up". With THF being available for all home games we want to keep "The Streak" going. The 13th man demands it. :lol: :lol: :lol: