Ticats add Kaepernick, RGIII to neg. list

That would explain the Chris de Burgh song “Don’t pay the passeur”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Johnny Peanut Butter, I doubt the Tight Cats are desperate to place C.K and RG 3 on their negotiation list. If I understand the process correctly, this is a wish list and there is no cost unless another team wasn't a specific player from their list.

:thup: :thup:

I can't stand Kaepernick. He isn't very good, has a huge ego and is nothing but a distraction.

I think you’re wrong on all points. He would be very good in the CFL, he does not have a huge ego… in fact I would say he is very humble and charitable. American society made him a distraction. He kneeled for a flippin song for christ sakes and now nobody wants him. Americas a funny place right now.

I agree that Kaepernick is simply not a good QB any more. If he was, an NFL team would have signed him by now, despite his other baggage.

Kap is finished. He's got about as much of a shot to get a contract with the NFL as Adrian Macpherson had.

Coach Harbaugh of the Ravens, says Kap has got lots in the tank for any NFL team. I can't stand the Harbaughs but I'll take his word , since he does wear a very large ring. :lol: NFL owners are very conservative and probably don't want the negative publicity of "dissing" the flag on their watch. Kaepernick said that those protests won't be happening again and I believe him.

The guy was trying to make a point and was willing to take the heat. His charitable donations ($500 000) are probably more than some of the NFL flag waving owners.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Pat: I have a different take on this......

"Willing to take the heat".......yeah and he should have known that blacklisting would be included.

He certainly had the right to conduct his kneeling protest. But using the NFL product to carry on a personal crusade tells me that he had an an overblown sense of his own importance. His charitable donations were the way to go but unfortunately the lengthy kneeling incident overshadowed his generosity. Bad judgement on his part.

He was a mediocre QB. I don't want him in the CFL because it would make our league look desperate. Not sure yet about RG3.

So I hope the talk about Kaepernick being on a negotiating list is just Austin's version of "March Madness."

I think he was hoping more players would have the sack to do the same thing he did, and then it wouldn’t have been all about him. A few did, but not enough. The values a symbol like a flag is meant to represent are for more important than the symbol itself, which was exactly the point of the protest. If more players had followed suit, the coverage might have been more about the message: America today isn’t “the land of the free” for all Americans, and people who claim to love America should be doing more to fix it. The way Kaepernick was crucified for what was in reality a very small, simple gesture has had its intended effect: intimidate players into shutting up and pretending everything is OK.

Values are more important than flags, but oppressors love to train people to pretend that the flag itself is more important than what it’s supposed to stand for. It’s the same reason people who make anti-freedom laws give them Orwell-esque patriotic-sounding names: they know there are plenty of dumb mothrafrickers who think the window-dressing is more important than the substance.

We are veering to the political, but when it comes to the US, they are sellers of the sizzle and not the steak. Their country may be in a mess of racism and religious and ethnic persecution right now, but it is still the proud home of the "Grand Ole Flag" and the "Star Spangled Banner". Disagree with them as a nation, if you will, but it will be at your peril. Do it on national TV during the holy rite of an NFL game - well, goodbye Mr Kaepernick, happy job hunting in Mexico (or maybe the CFL for a Canadain born GM and Head Coach). They still believe!

Reminds of a verse from an old song....get a haircut and get a real job.

YOU HEAR ME: Colin Kaepernick, you come to THE HAMMER<> YOU STAND UP, or I WILL PERSONALLY JUMP ON THE FEILD AND PUT YOUR ASS UP!

Explain your “attitude” issues with Kaepernick?

LOL… hey tough guy, you know his issue is with the United states and how his country let him and others down. I don’t want to speak for him but I think it’s safe to say he has no issue with Canada.

Exactly

There are things I disagree with about Canada but I would never turn my back on the flag or ignore the national anthem. What if a player decided that he was ashamed with the treatment of natives in this country and turned his back on the Canadian flag?
When we attend a football game there may be thousands with opposing political views but what brings us together is football, players just like fans, should stand and leave their political views at home.

How would you feel if Collaros was a Jehovah Witness and didn’t stand for the anthem? His charter rights (freedom of religion) would be denied under your scenario, would they not?

Kap made his point and has moved on. Maybe we should move on, too. :slight_smile:

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

I'm with you Pat.

Kaepernick had a right to make his point. He made it. Those who criticized him had a right to make theirs. They did. I'm glad we have rights in this country. In USA too. Time for some new news.

But he’s not! and it’s a silly argument.
We were talking about POLITICAL statements.
But Jehovah Witness DO stand for national anthems as a matter of respect, but they don’t sing it or pledge allegiance!!

Jehovah’s Witnesses (generally) do respectfully stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance, and for national anthems of whatever country. They just don’t participate in the actual pledging or singing of the anthem.
[url=https://www.quora.com/Jehovahs-Witness-dont-stand-for-the-pledge-or-national-anthem-How-come-their-entire-religion-isnt-called-un-American-or-terrorist]https://www.quora.com/Jehovahs-Witness- ... -terrorist[/url]