Ticats Acquire DB Nedd for LB Barrenechea & Draft Pick

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 01:30PM

CATS LAND JASON NEDD

Hamilton, Ontario – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that the team has acquired non-import defensive back Jason Nedd from the Edmonton Eskimos in exchange for non-import linebacker Agustin Barrenechea and the Ticats fourth round draft pick in the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft.

Nedd, a 5-10, 197-pound native of Montreal was the Eskimos second round (10th overall) selection in the 2007 CFL Canadian Draft. The 26-year-old has appeared in four games with Edmonton this season. In 2006, Nedd played in 12 games for Akron where he recorded 41 tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

The addition of Nedd provides the Ticats with five of the first 13 players selected in the 2007 Draft (Chris Bauman – 1st overall, J.P. Bekasiak – 4, Nedd – 10, Jordan Rempel – 12, Eric Ince –13).

Another move made...good luck to Auggie. Good Cdn.LB that will get the opportunit to play more in Edmonton.
Edmonton is laughing all the way to the bank. DB's IMO are a dime a dozen. :thdn:

WOW....they just lost a good one....not only that he was great on sp teams. yet another masterful job by marcel at getting swindled in a trade. lol. i want to play monopoly with marcel for money. i ll trade you reading railroad for boardwalk. deal....lol.

Interesting. I will miss Auggie, but if Nedd can develop, a good Canadian DB is like gold.

Oski Wee Wee,

Does anyone know anything about this Nedd guy? He went pretty high in the draft so there must be something there.

Not sure why Marcel had to give up a pick as well as a roster player for an unproven Canadian DB coming from a team with so many injuries in their secondary that it makes you wonder why he was dealt.

^^^ exactly i would have expected it to be the other way around on this trade yet we give up a draft pick and a proven player for an unproven player???

DB's IMO are a dime a dozen.
Not Canadian ones. Mariuz is a better special teams guy than Auggie anyways.

As much as another new face in the secondary is difficult for continuity, something had to be done. The DBs are getting lit up on a regular basis.

There will be another shoe to drop. Perhaps Jackson will go back to LB, creating a shift of someone into Auggie's slot, while a new DE is brought in.

Sounds to me there's another player in the mix. The expansion of the PR for 5 to 12 spots means you will see more looksees happening until the end of the season.

Oski Wee Wee,

Havent really seen Nedd play so its hard to comment on who one or lost the trade.

exactly!! look at karikari!—( jk… :expressionless: )

We really need a defensive back. You guys can correct if Im wrong but wasnt Barranchea expendable?

LOL indeed, the operative word being “good” and he hasn’t been. The turnaround had better be soon.

Oski Wee Wee,

if they needed a DB then they should of kept wayne shaw, jason goss, and hitch.

I wonder why this trade was made.

Goss: didn’t want to be here. He has had family issues that I respect, but his insistence on a Western destination or no play rubbed me the wrong way.

Shaw? I think the concensus here after his last start as safety that he was buhbye! It was BRUTAL.

Hitch: He had been converted to LB quite a while ago and I don’t think he was in the rover mix at all. At all.

Oski Wee Wee,

intresting deal.

seems alrite with me. he wasn't going to beat out Zeke & they aquire a much needed DB, he's a rookie but lets hope he can develop.

I like Auggie. I wish him the best of luck. Hopefully Nedd can help us out where we really need it though.

I'm a bit puzzled. Why would Edmonton give up on a draft pick so early? Why would we have to give a draft pick as well as Auggie?

Unless Nedd turns out to be a bright spot right away I would say Edmonton got the best of us on this trade.