TiCats 2017 FA's

As far as I know there was no animosity between player and coach.

Medlock made a business decision as far as I can tell. Can’t fault him for that.

Didn’t Ed Gainey play on our team on 3 separate occasions?

Waters is maybe an option, but Medlock has proven he can read the crazy winds at THF when kicking FG’s.

[quote="heapbag

Didn't Ed Gainey play on our team on 3 separate occasions?

8) Nope. Gainey was released by Montreal during the 2014 season, and was signed by the Cats.
  He played here for 2014 and 2015 seasons.  His first and only time with the TiCats !!

[quote author="Tipper"][quote="heapbag

Didn't Ed Gainey play on our team on 3 separate occasions?

8) Nope. Gainey was released by Montreal during the 2014 season, and was signed by the Cats.
  He played here for 2014 and 2015 seasons.  His first and only time with the TiCats !!

[/quote]
Regardless, there is no limit on how often a player can return.

The idea that Austin would be petty enough not to re-sign Medlock for leaving seems silly if it were strictly a business decision.

Austin would prefer to a single roster spot instead of having two spots for kicking duties. Why waste two spots when one person can perform all three Duties?

Medlock can perform all kicking duties & according to FenderGuy’s post above, Medlock performed well this season in all duties.

Look, I’m not necessarily looking to throw Mahar out with the bathwater & sign Medlock. He has a helluva leg. I think he can only get better with his accuracy. But damn Medlock was $$$.

This year the Stamps have to be our bench mark. We have to go in to the free agency looking to get players who can
compete with the Stamps. If all our players were healthy we still could not beat Calgary. We may be able to make the
GC , but not win it. That is not acceptable. We need to pick up proven DB's(ball hawks) and proven O-lineman. Plus a
breakway RB. If not we will not advance period.

I respectfully disagree somewhat. I know I njuries happen but this year we lost half our starters. If they’d been all healthy, we’d likely need a couple of DB’s and maybe upgrade our o-line a bit and we’d be more than competitive. Losing a starting quarterback for basically the entire year and three starting receivers, starting Safety (and the cascading effect) plus the loss of our OC at the very start of training camp…all spell disaster. Any team would be in trouble including Calgary.
Not easy to go after a significant number of proven free agents. It is tough with the existing salary cap. We pay two or three elite level salaries and we’re done.

In this league it’s tough to do what Calgary did this year. All the stars aligned for them.

Good on them…I hope they smoke Ottawa…I don’t care about TV ratings…60 - 0 would take the smile off of Hanks whining face. :rockin:

I pretty much agree with you, but I still believe we need a few more elite players to go over the top. Fantus will not
be counted on the salary cap. And we need to squeeze the cap to make room for a least two more elite players.
(a ball hawk and a top notch 0-lineman) Running backs are a dime a dozen.

I will be disappointed if we stay pat.

The same can be said of collaros

You gotta be kidding! Knee blows while running and takes a late hit for a concussion! And he’s injury prone!

You stand on the field and let a linebacker take a shot at you…are you injury prone? No…unlucky …yes.

Come on man :rockin: be serious with your comments. Holy crap :thdn:

it was a comment on a player being hurt every year .so far he has. It was not a comment on the causes or his value.come on man chill

Collaros Fantuz gable and tasker all hurt every year.I wouldnt advocate getting rid of any of them.but when a team wins seven games all bets are off

Does anyone know when the Free Ageny Lists come out for all teams??

Last year the League released it Dec.9th

Because of the 1 year contracts allowed now and only a $50k increase in the cap, the list will be huge for every team.

We may get the list this coming week.
Last year’s was actually released, almost a week earlier than reported by Grover, on Dec. 3rd., the Thursday following the Grey Cup.

[url=http://www.bramptonguardian.com/sports-story/6161721-cfl-free-agents-list-released/]http://www.bramptonguardian.com/sports- ... -released/[/url]

Here is a list of BC’s potential free agents:

Offence – Anthony Allen, Bryan Burnham, Marco Iannuzzi, Jeremiah Johnson, Rolly Lumbala, Nick Moore, Tim O’Neill, Terrell Sinkfield, Hunter Steward.

Defence – Alex Bazzie, Mich’ael Brooks, Solomon Elimimian, T.J. Lee, Bo Lokombo, Keynan Parker, Craig Roh, Bryant Turner, Jabar Westerman, Ronnie Yell

Special teams – Mike Benson, Adrian Clarke, Neheme Kankolongo, Richie Leone, Paul McCallum

Source: http://3downnation.com/2016/11/22/solom … -must-pay/

So yes, this team might get another chance to bring back Sinkfield. And if he’s brought back here, then I suppose we won’t need to worry about re-signing Owens.

Does anyone know if Jamar Wall (stamp's DB) is a free agent this year? he has been with the stamps for 5 years.
One hell of a good DB.

Wall may be a great player but would he want to leave Calgary and all of their success? Sometimes players like to stay put rather than chasing a bigger contract elsewhere if they are really happy with their situation.

Well Wall has been with Calgary for five years, I think that he has had enough of Calgary’s success and would like a
little cash by now to go with the success. So he will try to stay with Calgary if they are willing to pay him what he is
worth. Its up to the Cats to convince him that he is worth more. :thup:

All 10 players on the end of season practice roster were released, without acknowledgement of any being signed to contracts for 2017 … DBs Lee, Vaughn and Elroy … LBs Smith, Barnett and Hughes … WR Uren … DL Johnson … OL Williams and Campbell. Terrence Campbell, who played and started in 6 games --3 at LT & 3 at RT – is gone for sure, having signed with Saskatchewan on Nov. 28.