Ticats' 2008 CFL East Division Playoff Race

With the Ticats' victory over the Alouettes and the Eskimos' win over the Bombers yesterday, here is how the East Division playoff race shapes up with four games remaining for each team.

The Eskimos, the fourth place Western team, now have 16 points and the Ticats have 6 points.
Due to the crossover rules, the Ticats have been mathematically eliminated from making the East Division playoffs as a third place team.

The Ticats are still in the hunt for second place in the East Division.
They have 8 points left on the table.
They are currently 4 points behind Winnipeg and 2 points behind Toronto in the standings.

The Playoff Race Against Winnipeg

Since Winnipeg has already defeated the Ticats twice, the Bombers have won the season series.
Over the final 4 games of the regular season, the Ticats need to obtain 5 more points than the Bombers to capture second place in the East.

The Playoff Race Against Toronto

Since the Ticats have already defeated Toronto twice, the Ticats have won the season series.
Over the final 4 games of the regular season, the Ticats need to obtain 2 more points than the Argos to finish ahead of them in the standings.

Looking Ahead

Here are the remaining regular season schedules for these three teams:
Hamilton Plays: 1. at Montreal; 2. at Saskatchewan; 3. vs. Calgary; 4. at Winnipeg
Winnipeg Plays: 1. vs. Toronto; 2. at Calgary; 3. at Montreal; 4. vs. Hamilton
Toronto Plays: 1. at Winnipeg; 2. vs. Montreal; 3. at B.C.; 4. vs. Saskatchewan

What the Ticats Need To Finish Second In The East

a) If the Ticats win their 4 remaining games:
Winnipeg must lose at least 3 of its 4 remaining games including the final game vs. Hamilton;
Toronto must lose at least 1 of its 4 remaining games.

b) If the Ticats win 3 of their 4 remaining games:
Winnipeg must lose all 4 of its remaining games;
Toronto must lose at least 2 of its 4 remaining games.

c) If the Ticats win 2 or less of their 4 remaining games:
They are done and need to get ready for next year.

In summary, it is a longshot but the Ticats are still in the playoff race. If they can keep playing the way they played yesterday, this could become very interesting.

Great Story here.. Thanks for the post .
I Still think where looking at Version C.
But Still think we can beat Toronto for 3rd place..
Means will miss the Playoffs but We still be 3rd in the East
Better then being Dead Last .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDjG9XlsHqQ

How cool would it be be if it came down to the last game of the season with Hamilton at Winnipeg?

I hate to pee on anyones parade but I wouldn't count the Argos out of anything. They did put up a strong outing against the Lions and while I wouldn't say they are going to the Cup, I don't think they'll play as flat as they did two weeks ago. They may have started to turn things around.

I agree and all of Ticats fans should be cheering them loudly when they play Winnipeg next week.