ticats:2006 Grey Cup Champions

Blackdale, Sellers was one back that could not get tackled or was hard to tackle. John Grace was mentioning this on the Stamps site the Sellers was one of the hardest guys to get because of his power and of course legs the size of telephone posts.

so true, there were many times he would be trudging down the field with half the dline hanging off of him.. the beautiful thing was that he could also catch, block and run a pattern. i wish there were more guys around like him. maybe if someone plants some drugs on him the nfl will boot him and we can have him back.... actually he is one of the few nflers i actually am interested to follow so i am okay letting him live his dream down south for now. but he was a heck of a player.

This 5-13 team has a better chance than your 5-13 team cause the upgraded at the most important position… QB. Plus they added a dymanic kick returner that can give you instant field position, a power running back and the returner is a decent RB as well. In addition to that, they have a punishing safety, who is far better than the guy the riders kept. It will show on the field when the season starts.

I realize you’re kidding, but just wanted to remind everyone of the 1998 Ticats: coming off a 2-16 season, they finished the regular season with the best record in the CFL (12-5-1) and came within a hair of winning the Cup. Unfortunately, they had to wait another year to accomplish that.

Of course I don’t expect such a quick turnaround this year, but I do expect my team to be competitive.

yeah the only thing the ticats upgrade is offense. Like i'm sure so many of you have heard, you win fans with offense, you win championships with defense, like honestly, i follow the cfl quite extensively, and i think i might be able to tell you half of the ti cats starting defense? maybe... they stink, but yeah their offense will be good, if they can get a good chemistry with maas and the receivers, but what's going to happen to Jesse Lumsden now that the ti cats have Ranek and Corey Holmes? i would say the only thing that Lumsden had going for him was he's Canadian, but Ranek has him beat on that. I can't see Lumsden staying in a tiger cats uniform for very long, maybe going to the Bombers as a fullback? or even BC to give Warren a break on offense, there's ony 8 teams in the league now and there's quite a few good running backs, and now if Onterrio Smith comes into the league, and Ricky Williams, every team will have a game breaker and unfortunately i see the ticats falling short in the east with their defense not going to be able to stop the running game

Any defense that is on the field a lot will make mental mistakes and lead you to believe that they are lousy. The Hamilton D , last 2 to 3 seasons has to be the most overworked bunch in the CFL. Improving the offence will help the Ti-Cat D, and they could step up and be better this year. Gordon is a great addition, so I think the Hamilton D will be good. . They wont be on the field quite as much, and you will a see an improvement.

Same could be said for the Bombers Sambo, but I bet, you beg to differ...

But Bomber fans have always insisted that their offence was as good as any last year. So if they have a good offence, and their defence is breaking records for yards surrendered, then their defence must really stink.

Hamilton on the other hand had a lousy offence last year, so anyone who has any knowledge of football would EXPECT their defence to surrender a lot of yards and points. If we had had any kind of offensive attack whatsoever, our defence would have looked a lot better.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the points the Cat D allowed last year were in the first half of the season, before the defence went through a major overhaul. They looked a lot better in the second half of the season, when the Cats got all five of their wins.

A lousy offence can make a good defence look bad, and vice-versa.

Our offence sucked, untill we repaired the offensive line, n added Brazzell, then we were equal..
The Defence spent the first half of the season on the field...all of the time...
When our offence finally was repaired, the D started to suffer, from Rusts departure..
Agree a lousy offence, puts pressure on the D...

Yes I agree hank the same could be said for the Bombers...

Oh...ok..so... how's the Riders ...

How good the riders do depends on how Joseph does, if hedoes not get injured , or play hurt, he will do fine. My only concern is if the can last the whole year. Riders do have some promisng receivers they have signed, and the running game should be fine, if Joesph rushed for another 1000 yds, and its quite possible, cause he wont be running for his life like he did last year in Ottawa, the Oline will creat some nice holes for him...

Joseph does have that ability to scramble...could be scary....
Back to the topic...
The new Tabbie cat guy is also very good..
I think the Esk's..make...Big mistake...

I dont think it was a mistake as much it was a desire to have Maas be a number 1 guy.... but just not in Edmonton. The Esks needed a RB and the Ti-Cats a QB.... it was worded as "futures", but it was the worst kept secret in CFL history.

Hank, weren't you one of the posters who thought the Esks wouldn't get far with Maas at QB last year before Ray returned? I may be wrong, but there were a number of posters last year early in April and May who thought Maas was just an average QB. Now everybody is talking like he's the golden child or something.

Cheers

Wasn't me.....Maas was always..better than average, same with Ray...
Untill the end of last year, I thought they were dead even in talent...
When Ray had to be bailed out by Maas...Maas is better than Ray, in my books..

Two series though buddy, and Ray went the distance in the GC. I'm not sure that I agree that Maas is better, but he employs a completely different style.

Didnt it go something like

Ray - GC (loss)
Ray - GC (win)
Maas - First round loss to the RIDERS
Ray - GC (win)

“Now & Then” let’s look back at the begining of last season

Maas & Ranik ---------- Mcmanus & Davis : I don’t see much of a difference. Ranik & Davis have their own styles but are about the same as RB’s… Davis has more experience…Not much of an upgrade IMO

Mcmanus & Maas: I give the experience again to Mcmanus. Danny is old, and strugled last season, but he wasn’t to blame for the Tabbies season… Maas was a Back-up last season, and now has a whole new team and system. He won’t be an instant fix IMO… again, not much of a upgrade IMO…

Holmes… Now there is an Upgrade… IMO…
They also signed Hudson from the Rens (R.I.P.) I think he is an upgrade, but most people on this forum seem to think the Rens O-line was “Bad”

Again, I think the Jury is still out…

The key words in your analysis were the "IMO".