Ticat Transactions- Sep 11/07

There have been numerous Ticat transactions today as reported on the cfl.ca website:

"Name: 2007-09-11: Tiger-Cats Transactions:
Tiger-Cats Transactions

ROSTER 11-Sep-07

HAM ADD FROM INJURED IMP Sir James DELGARDO (DB) Texas El Paso

HAM ADD FROM RESERVE IMP Kendrick STARLING (WR) San Jose State

HAM DEL IMP Sir James DELGARDO (DB) Texas El Paso

HAM DEL IMP Kendrick STARLING (WR) San Jose State

EDM TFR TO HAM NIP Jason NEDD (DB) Akron

HAM TFR TO EDM NIP Agustin BARRENECHEA (LB) Calgary

NON-ACTIVE 11-Sep-07

HAM ADD IMP Sir James DELGARDO (DB) Texas El Paso

HAM ADD IMP Brett ELLIOTT (QB) Linfield College

HAM ADD NIP Steve FAORO (LB) Acadia

HAM ADD IMP Charlton KEITH (DE) Kansas

HAM ADD IMP David LOFTON (DB) Stanford

HAM ADD IMP Kendrick STARLING (WR) San Jose State

Here is a draft profile on new Ticat defensive end Charlton Keith, who was with the Oakland Raiders in the 2007 pre-season and the Cleveland Browns in 2006:

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/18314.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... 18314.html[/url]

Keith sound like a good fit in the CFL for a DE.

The newest Ticat defensive back, David Lofton, was a free safety at Stanford. Various reports have him at either 6’ 3" or 6’ 4" and around 215 to 220 lbs. with a speed of 4.48. Lofton signed with the Miami Dolphins on May 18/07 and was released on Jul 28/07. He has outstanding football bloodlines: he is the son of NFL Hall of Famer James Lofton.

CFL linebacker for Lofton I would assume.

We definately need some DBs, not sure about another QB or FBs.

Lots of action but not a lot of news.

I wonder when Bradley and Gardner will be ready to return?

Some interesting moves.

Bringing Delgardo back may help the secondary a little. I don't know much about Jason Nedd, but if he can start as a DB, that's a great move. I don't think we will miss Auggie that much.

As for the cuts from the NFL, we can only hope that some of these guys work out. We still need some more players who can contribute. I am most interested to see where Lofton ends up. At his size he may fit in well as a linebacker, but if he has the speed and skills he may also work well as a safety, and played there in college.

Keep bringing in the import cuts until we fill more holes, and we will start seeing some results.

PJ

I think Marcel will do a good job bringing guys in and building around those we have. I believe Setta was one of the guys brought in near the near of last year that the Cats were interested in.

Setta, and Moreno were both brought in very late last year

Dose anyone know if Lofton is at practise because he is not listed any where on the roster?

Hi holymoly27:

David Lofton is listed on the practice roster.