Ticat Statement at 4pm Tomorrow

The NCAA is is more than welcome to a stand up guy like Charlie. I'm sure he'll set a fine example for the student athletes he coaches. He can teach them all about ethics and how to be a man.

West Virginia is a Separate state from Virginia, and the correct name of the university is West Virginia University, not University of or Western Virginia. They have had some trolls from folks posing as canadians on the board, heck we've fought trolls posing as all sorts of fans since Rodriguez bolted for Michigan. Don't take it personally please.

Must be talking about Clinton.

I am well aware of the correct name of the school and the geography involved.

Taffes last game in the CFL before coming to the Ti-Cats was a loss in the Eastern Final to the Ti-Cats.

Whats so irreplaceable about him?

Big deal!....timing was inconsiderate ,but we'll do better without him I figure. :cowboy:

My Worry is The Coaching Staff .
This could Mean Large Changes.
Who would take a Job as Head Coach if can't pick the Staff.

Good point.

Someone is out there who will fit into this senario,OB will get him.

I just would is it worth Even Putting Money into the Money Pit.

Charlie is gone.
I just don't see (or want) Dave Ritchie coming out of retirement into this can of worms.
This team needs a young up-and-comer with tons of enthusiasm. Good luck to Obie with all of this.

snoopaloop:

Either way I suspect Charlie has had a bellyful of nonsense from this team. He had to put up with a rookie G-M, underperforming rookies that were foisted on him.....and then be told that he may have a job in 2008 or he may not.
Good luck to him if he goes. We'll never know how good he could have been but so what. There are others who will step in and make their mark. All part of pro sports.

I don't think the chances are strong
that a presently employed CFL coach

will want to get his start as a H.C.
in the situation that ONknight describes

or that his present team will let him
leave them at this time freely.

Kevin Strasser

[url=http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=1285830&Q_SEASON=2007]http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EASON=2007[/url]

Lets hope there is some good news to come out of the Tiger-Cats statement. The introduction of a new coach would go a long way in returning the focus to the team.

As long as it's not Marcel B. I'd no longer support this team if that happened.

Kevin Strasser

HfxTC:

I have seen his name mentioned on this forum before.
I'm afraid the "danger" sign is up for this team which will make it tough to attract good prospects as coaches...and players.
Right now..and especially if Charlie bolts....this team will viewed by many as being a state of chaos.
Thank goodness we have Obie. At least he has lots of credibilty and may be able to restore some semblance of order quickly. We need to put this behind us and concentrate on the on-field product for 2008.

snoopaloop:

Either way I suspect Charlie has had a bellyful of nonsense from this team. He had to put up with a rookie G-M, underperforming rookies that were foisted on him.....and then be told that he may have a job in 2008 or he may not.
Good luck to him if he goes. We'll never know how good he could have been but so what. There are others who will step in and make their mark. All part of pro sports.

snoopaloop:

Absolutley Agree Mr62 cats

Oh cry me a river, Charlie knew what he was getting into, also he was the one who wanted Rocky Butler. Right after we got him Charlie was talking about how he had identified him as the top back up q.b in the league.

The guy is just a big joke, he bailed on Montreal and only came back up here sniffing around for jobs because no one wanted him in the NCAA. After he ruins WVU offence he'll be back up here again looking for a job.

Don't worry, Lou. We save our hatred for the despised Argo fans. If Taaffe is happy with this potential move (which he seems), WVU will be getting a terrific coach.

Taaffe staying or going, doesn't really matter much now does it. One way or the other he has lost credability with most of the fans by not addressing this whole mess square on in the first place.

I was looking forward to a good season with him at the helm, new assistants and some new players but that isn't going to happen now.

Like some have said, maybe this afternoons press scrum will also be announcing his replacement and we can just get on with it. Hope that is the case.

Agreed,
And here endeth the lesson,
Amen.

Merlin