Ticat Predictions of 2021 free agent signings

Will the Ticats sign these ? What are your thoughts ?

1. Simoni - Yes with 20 % salary reduction
  2. Banks - Yes with 20 % salary reduction
  3. Van Zeyl - Yes with 30 % salary reduction.
  4. J'Gared Davis - No , not ready to give up NFL.
  5. Bralon Addison - No, same as Davis.
  6. Branden Revenberg - Yes with 10 % salary reduction.
  7. Larry Dean - No, signs with other CFL team with 30% salary increase.
  8. Patrick Levels - Yes with 20 % salary increase.
  9. Masoli - Yes with 20 % salary reduction.
  10. Ciraco - Yes with 10% salary reduction
  11. Arlington-Thomas -Yes with same salary.
  12. Rico- No, signs with other CFL team
  13. Frankie Williams - Yes with 10 % salary reduction
  14. Brooks - Yes with 10 % salary reduction
  15. Posey- No, signs with other CFL team with 20 % salary increase.
  16. Frey- Yes signs with 10 % salary increase.
    Hopeful replacement for Dean.
  17. Tasker -Yes signs with 30 % salary reduction.
  18. Mauldin- Yes signs with 10 % salary increase. Hopeful replacement for J'Gared Davis.
  19. Jalin Marshal and Tucker - Yes 10% salary increases.
  20. Acklin - No , other CFL team signs him at 20 % Increase.
  21. Filer- Yes 20 % salary reduction.
  22. Beverette and Herdman - Yes same salary
  23. Stephen - No , other CFL team signs him.
  24. Breaux -Asked to renegotiate contract with 20% reduction.
  25. Evans - same as Breaux.
1 Like

@gerbear9 What kind of "salary reduction" did you take from your employer?

2 Likes

I expect that some of the players listed will accept pay reductions, but I doubt, gerbear9, that players will be asked to accept salary reductions of up to 30%. I expect that in terms of %, the reductions asked, to some players, will range between 5% and 10%. A few exceptions could be asked to accept a little more than 10%. Exceptions!

Richard

Richard

I bet that Frankie plays hardball and holds out for that extra ten bucks . :grinning:

4 Likes

I predict that the number of Ticat Free Agency threads will grow from the current three (including 67% started by gerbear) to at least five (with 80% started by gerbear), representing an increase of 67% over the current total, and an increase of 150% over yesterday's total.

4 Likes

Not only Hamilton potential free agents but also other teams potential free agents will have to accept less salaries than their previous contracts. In Hamilton, I expect that both DL Ted Laurent and Dylan Wynn, that have signed contracts for 2021, will have to accept reduced salaries for 2021. May apply to other players that already have signed contracts for 2021.

Richard

1 Like

Also re-signed by Hamilton were:
Jaelon Acklin
Jalin Marshall

David Ungerer's contract was re-structured.

Richard

2 Likes

Swing and a miss.

This is likely gonna get comical.

3 Likes

Mikefrmthehammer,

None , as my industry does not rely on fans in the stands for much of their revenue. All teams will have to reduce their salaries and star players like Mike Reily, Vernon Adams and Bo Levi Mitchell have already restructured their contracts to reduce their salary for 2021.

Do you really think owners will take huge losses again in 2021 by not reducing salaries for at least 2021 with no fans in the stands. Did you even think for a moment before asking such a wise well thought out and well informed question ?
I am not a big fan of salary reduction, but during Covid19 restrictions , I realize it has to be done to have a season and I hope the 2021 season happens and that we allow fans in the stands as soon as possible like by 2022 and maybe partial attendance in 2021.

Richard, the reason I mentioned up to 30 % is because many of their current players signed 2020 deals where they were grossly underpaid due to timing of their signings after every teams had already spent most of their money ( Posey, Dean, and Levels ) .

Most other CFL teams would now be willing to offer these 3 players about 30% greater than the bargain deals they signed for 2020.
So, the Ticats will have to pay more for some players in 2021 than they had in 2020.

There are also players where 2020 was the final year of their 2 year entry level contracts at 65k. Some of these players will be commanding raises like Frey, Mauldin, Tucker, Acklin, Jalen Marshall especially if J'Gared Davis and / or Larry Dean are not signed. Also , players like Breaux and Van Zeyl are likely not worth their 200 plus k salaries due to age and it's quite likely no other CFL team could offer them their 2020 Sa!ary.

Crash,

So far I have 1 correct ( Marshall ) and 2 wrong ( Stephen and Acklin) out of 27.

I am hoping that I am wrong about J'Gared Davis, Larry Dean, Addison, Posey, and Rico as well.
If we can sign the majority of these players and much of the rest then I see the Ticats as the favourites to win the East and to win the Grey Cup at home this year. Let's pray that we have a season this year.

And the beat goes on . :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Some people might get discouraged at zero "likes". :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So did you volunteer to take a "salary reduction" then?

If someone suggests that someone take a cut in pay all the while not taking a cut themselves it makes one wonder if they are saying "do as I say, not as I do". Too many people in this world act this way. The world would be a better place if people led by example rather than fiat.

1 Like

Some small people on here thinking they're pretty smart. Lets see your predictions!

Says the man who has not made any. Are you one of the 'smart people' to which you refer?

all we need is some opinionZ and this thread will be complete.

@sully, Could we please keep this up to date?

I would strongly recommend the League could hire @ottawacat or @RichardVeilleux

3 Likes

Thank you Grover.

The actual list of 2021 free agent tracker is, unfortunately, not up to date. If a team does not officially announce a re-signing then, in most instances, it is not included on free agent tracker. Should be easy for the League to keep it up to date, since they have all the facts/the re-signings.

Myself, I keep my copy of the list to date based on the CFL daily transactions. On these transactions, many are not related to potential free agents; you have to make sure that X player signing was a potential free agent.

Richard

2 Likes