Ticat football guys, great job!

I was going to start a thread that portrayed this apparent strategy in a more sarcastic light. Something like … “This was our strategy all along - dump costly veterans, even if it meant fielding an uncompetitive team, so that we’d be way under the cap and then be able to sign Printers when he’s cut.”

While I’m sure the season has not gone exactly according to plan, maybe there was some wisdom in saving cap room. After all it was not exactly a banner year for free agent availability, so no need to blow the bank for anything less than top notch.

Now, when Mr Top Notch comes available, it’s time to break out the chequebook.

I agreed with you about Taafe. He should have been happy with who he has and made them better players. But when you knocked Young you lost all credibility. Of course its rich guys who are going to own the team. Are poor guys like you and I going to buy the team. Nope. After rookie mistakes he hired proven guys. If they don't work out its just bad luck

This is nothing but a move to quiet the masses. One only had to listen to the fifth quarter the other day ot know that the fans are angry. Solution, let's grab Printers (a loss of 100,000) and this with satisfy the angry crowds and bring them back to IWS.

For the record: all the credit goes to the Ticats football management team who figured out who they needed and and went out and made it happen.

In particular GM Marcel Desjardins' very careful husbanding of resources under the CFL Salary Cap rules gave the 'Cats an advantage that the rest of the CFL could not match.

Bob I'm going to have to disagree with you. It's your money that he's spending. It's you that ultimately told Marcel to stay under the cap or at least try to, other owners have not done the same with their GM's to my knowledge, or at least have not been as passionate about the cap as you have been. So, by my account of things, you do deserve at least some of the credit, thanks for making us believe again Bob!!! It was getting depressing there. :lol:

I didn't want to start a new thread for this and thought that it fits this one (in kinda a loose way) so here it goes.

The slime dog baby blue team was apparently up to it's old tricks with Printers. Here is what Sportsnet had to say.

Concerned about losing Printers to a division rival, the Argonauts planned to sign Printers and then trade him to Hamilton, seeking an impact player in return. Rush end Nautyn McKay-Loescher is a player the Argos coveted.
GAWD I HATE THEM!!!

The whole article is here

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/article.jsp?content=20070906_102139_5784]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ar ... 02139_5784[/url]
GAWD I HATE THEM!!!
Agreed, but I've come to expect nothing less than behaviour like this from Toronto, it's not surprizing anymore.

Sorry I missed this thread. It was already discussed.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20272]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... ic&t=20272[/url]

I can't help but agree. I don't think that the problem in Hamilton has been solved by yet again, changing the QB. There are a lot of holes that still need to be fixed. This move is akin to the commercial where the guy puts his gum into the dike. It's only a temporary fix, and one that obviously (by reading the threads) pleasing to the masses.

The management has said in the media though that this move alone does not fix the team and that he is not a savior. They are aware of that. I think we are excited both because its Printers and because it shows Bob’s commitment to the team.

You're right.. what a pitiful move.. signing only the best QB not playing in the league that will rival most PLAYING in the league, man how does the Ticat brass sleep at night..... after tonight.. I think quite well!!!

Great job Marcel and co.!!!

Bob didn't get where he is because he is a dummy. He is business savy and knows how to please the fans.

The signing of Casey Printers today is a strong first move in attempting to kickstart the struggling Ticat offence. He was the best available quarterback with prior success in the CFL. Congratulations to the Ticat organization on this very important acquisition.

Another thread on the ticats.ca website indicates that Jason Maas has been traded to the Montreal Alouettes. Although the Ticat offence struggled for various reasons during most of his tenure at quarterback, Jason fought hard for the Ticats in every game he played. Thanks to Jason Maas for his efforts and good luck to him in his future endeavours.

Let me get this straight we got players on the cheap so if it didn’t work out because we weren’t good enough from the outset we could get guys who could play? isn’t the idea to field the best possible team from the outset to win,just asking?

Yes, and that should be getting a lot more press and recogniton from fans.

Great job Marcel!