Ticat draft pick in Sugar Bowl tonight

Last year's 2nd round draft pick - O-lineman - Peter Dyakowski - plays for LSU; be interesting to see how he does (if he's starting?) and if he will show up for Ticats 07 TC.

He is a big, big, dude.

Hope he comes back up north as well. We had the 8th, 10th, and 11th picks overall last year and all returned for their senior seasons. All three will be interior linemen, so if they come up it will be interesting to see how we use this year's picks.

I have a feeling that a few more moves will be made to release veterans that did not prodice in 2006 (Cotton/Ranek) to sign 6 or 7 top draft choices. After all we have three big picks this year, and can still sign all of last year's big draft picks.

I saw him play in a game earlier this season. He was starting at right tackle #77.
Looked like a good pass blocker. The NFL may want to have a look at him first though.

Its just my opinion but it seems to me like this guy wants to play in the CFL more than the NFL, even if NFL teams show interest in him, I see him choosing a place where he wants to play and knows he will play instead of a place where he may make a bit more money...but might not play a whole lot...This kid looks classy to me...I sure hope to see him in Black and Gold! :thup:

PERSONAL Full name is Peter Stefan Dyakowski ... Born April 19, 1984, in Vancouver, British Columbia ... Dad is Antony Dyakowski ... Has two brothers, Alex and Nicholas ... Drives a 1979 Firebird that he rebuilt ... Lists his hobby as working on his powder blue 1979 Firebird ... Also in rebuilding projects on an '84 Ford F-150 and a '80 Buick Century ... Only player on team to list snow skiing as a favorite sport other than football ... When asked about his favorite NFL team on a football questionnaire, he scratched out NFL and added the CFL's British Columbia Lions as his favorite professional team ... Originally nicknamed "The Mullet" because of his hair style during his first two years at LSU ... After making a deal with his teammates, shaved his head in the locker room following LSU's win over Oklahoma in the national championship game
[url=http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174997&Q_SEASON=2006]Link[/url]

I like this guy already

When asked about his favorite NFL team on a football questionnaire, he scratched out NFL and added the CFL's British Columbia Lions as his favorite professional team ...
:rockin:
When asked about his favorite NFL team on a football questionnaire, he scratched out NFL and added the CFL's British Columbia Lions as his favorite professional team ...
I Wound if this was Before he was Drafted By Hamilton ? [url=http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174997&Q_SEASON=2006]http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.db ... EASON=2006[/url]

He is #77 Playing Tackle tonight

He is playing RT and looks to me more like a guard. That could be because he is lined up against Notre Dame's best player on defense. The DE, Victor Abiamari is projected by some to be a first or second rounder in the NFL.

I think that from the sounds of his questionaire he misses home after being in the deep, deep, deep south. He will be a cfl'er.

I agree I think the NFL would look at him as a guard. Abiamari is giving him quite a work out though. More like the calibre of DE's he would see in the CFL. IMO

I believe he's only been a starter for this season and that's not a lot of playing time; he might get an NFL look just based on his size, but he might well get passed over down there (which would be nice for the Ticats if he showed-up up here right away); anyways - he's looked pretty decent to me tonight but O-line play is hard to judge at times (but another Canadian - Andrew Woodruff - looked very strong starting on the Boise State O-line at OT in that great Fiesta Bowl game the other night - i think he will be up in 08 CFL draft, but he might be an NFL draft prospect
too by then.

He play Great tonight he was All Over his man tonight.
Malled him like a big Bear..

Reminds of Travis from his Collage Days..
This Kid is Still Very Raw..
You can see the Talent of this kid..

I hope he Comes to Training Camps

Here's a profile I did last year for the CFL. I thought he looked outstanding last night.

[url=http://www.nflcflfutures.com/NFLCFLFuturesOnTheRise05/1114.html]http://www.nflcflfutures.com/NFLCFLFutu ... /1114.html[/url]

I been Watching my Tape of Sugar Bowl.
Watching Peter Dyakowski

This kid for 300 Pounder can move
They used him as Lead Blocker on Inside run. Off LG and LT Spot..
He Pulled and boy could he move

He Also led the way on Screen pass
Good Pass blocker too
Very Quick Feet

He also play the RG on Field Goals.

Very Impressed..

They Only down sides I see
Are:
He played two well .
He Get Look at G from the No Fun League
also He Problems picking two Rushers from the out side..

I think he will come up here, but I also think that he really owned Abiamari in the second half of the Sugar Bowl. LSU did help him with some double teams, especially with the back, but he looks a lot better than a lot of NI linemen in the CFL already to me. He will be a big improvement.

It is exciting to know that he will have about five high draft picks to work with on the new team.

Here's a profile I did last year for the CFL. I thought he looked outstanding last night.
Hogies got some good information there. The kids got the size, but I have heard he may lack the upper body strength needed by the NFL. But, after his performance in the Sugar Bowl he will - at the very least - get a free agent look if he doesn't get drafted.

We have two other guys who have NFL potential. I guess Gagne-Marcoux looked good in the all star game he played in and his stock has risen. Also, Jermaine Reid had a bit of an off year in Akron, but might get a free agent look.

Heck, if between Dyakowski, Reid, Gagne-Mercoux and Sutherland we get 2 solid players, I would be happy. All these guys show up in Hamilton, the 2006 draft becomes legendary.

Is Chris Sutherland supposed to be back at Ticat TC for 07? - I'm kinda confused now on CFL rules with regards to draft picks and retaining their rights - the Ticats signed last year's Als draft pick Ivan Birungi (but maybe the Als outright released him); maybe Sutherland, who's as big or bigger than Dyakowski and has had way more playing time in University ball, can similarly be signed by another CFL team as a FA now? Anyways, be very nice if all of Dyakowksi, Reid, Gagne-Marcoux and Sutherland were to show for Ticats TC this spring (and that might make for some really good competition amongst young O-linemen with the returning guys too - might even set-up a trade with an established guy able to bring a good return from another CFL team that is weak on the O-line (the Argos for example)).

i was very impressed with dyakowski. he was dominant. he didn't open mere holes, he opened lanes. he pushed his man around as if he were a six-year-old on a tricycle.
and i thought of the travis claridge comparison too; he was every bit as dominant against notre dame as travis was in his one complete game for us in 2005, when he completely shut down and befuddled joe montford.

I didn't watch the game but when I read the first part of your post, I thought of Travis and that game.