Ti-Cats vs Riders gameday thread

As a note if the PGA championship goes long, the start of this game can be seen on TSN2

can the Ti-cats go 5-2 ?!?!?!

They better not. I need the Riders to win so I can go 4-0 for the first time this season. As for TSN2, I still don't have it. Rogers is supposed to be picking it up, but I don't think they have yet. They're still dragging their feet.

ki stewart hurt first play OMG have we no luck

holy crap now getzlaf

…I was torn between taking Simon and Shologan in the fantasy pool …regretting my decision now…

...Note to Ti-Cat Defense: 'Tackle Football' actually involves tackling the oppostion...

And now a Kieth Shologan, of all players, touchdown! Nice sustained drive by the Riders against the wind. Durant really giving his all … that drive, at least.

What position does Shologan play? I just assumed he was a lineman. But I thought linemen weren’t allowed to catch the ball. What am I missing?

Edit: First the Riders recover their own fumble, and then Clermont refused to let a pass be picked off, and now the Riders have forced Quinton Porter to fumble. Seems like the Riders are finally exercising their turnover demons.

He lined up as a tight end. As such, he is an elligible receiver.

Well thanks for coming out Porter....

Jason Clermont is a beast!!!

"It's tough to say when the whistle was blown..."

No, it's not. Play the replay WITH THE EFFING AUDIO, and then you can tell when the whistle was blown.

It ain't rocket surgery....

right call and good TD ... 2 TD's from the lest expected players so far lol

awsome game this is the way the riders need to play good to see durant running the ball a bit more that should set up a game for cates and jyles looks good

"It's tough to say when the whistle was blown..."

No, it’s not. Play the replay WITH THE EFFING AUDIO, and then you can tell when the whistle was blown.

It ain’t rocket surgery…

Didn’t matter when the whistle went … The forward momentum had ceased and that was the point the play was dead. It takes a second or 2 for the ref to blow the whistle in cases like stopped forward momentum or a TD

Gotcha! Thanks.

I thought the same thing. I could’ve sworn I heard them blow the whistle when the Hamilton player jumped on the pile, but when they showed the replay, I couldn’t hear a thing.

I also don’t like it when the official doesn’t explain the result of the challenge. Tell us why the play stands. Don’t just say it stands and walk away. Drives me crazy.

I’ll agree that forward momentum is important, but if the whistle was blown before it came out…then the play is dead. That was my only point. Rod and Duane were saying how important it was to know exactly when the whistle was blown, but the director wasn’t playing the audio on the replay. Not a huge deal, but annoying. It left them hanging on their commentary. Which is a pity, because those two do it to themselves often enough without having the director leave them too.

Just got home from Toronto.
Looks like the Cats have their hands full tonight.

Going for it on 3rd and 10 in the 2nd quarter???

That's the Marcel playcalling that we all hate to remember from his days in Sask!!!