Ti-Cats sign ANOTHER former 'Gade; Pascal Cheron

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6405&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0]http://www.ticats.ca/modules.php?op=mod ... =0&thold=0[/url]

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that they have signed non-import, free agent lineman Pascal Cheron to a one-year (plus an option) contract.

"The offence starts with the offensive line and adding Pascal to the mix helps our team," said Head Coach Greg Marshall. "On and off the field, Pascal is a guy you want on your team and we're excited to have him back in Hamilton."

The 6-4, 310-pound Quebec City native returns to Hamilton after being traded to the Ottawa Renegades last season. 2006 will mark Cheron's sixth season with the Tiger-Cats.

"I'm excited to be back in Hamilton," said Cheron. "I had a fantastic season last year in Ottawa and I feel I really improved as a player under Coach K (Kauahi). With my family having roots in the community and coaches Kauahi and Paopao here too, it felt like the right move for my career and my family."

Cheron was originally selected by the Ticats in the 1999 CFL Canadian College Draft. He played in 77 games during his five consecutive seasons in Hamilton before being traded to Ottawa. Prior to turning pro, Cheron spent his four-year collegiate career at Laval and helped the Rouge et Or win their first Vanier Cup championship in school history in 1999.

Deja vu, hope to here news that's a little bit more orginal.

The Ti-cat express is picking up speed....Watch out Eastern Division.

I'll believe it when it's week whatever and their a top the East Division.

WEEK 1 !!!!!!!!!!

But Kanga, making the playoffs and a .500 record or better will be a big improvment. First place is high expectations, but not totally unreasonable..

Based solely on the offseason signings, Hamilton has taken their "shopping list" and have done a great job getting players that they need for key positions. I expect Hamilton to Challenge both Toronto and Montreal for the top two spots. Whether they actually finish in first in the division can be debated all you want. I think they will be very competative, and will give the other 8 teams "fits" when they play them this season.

you said "watch out East D", but I'll believe it when they play.

quite frankly, I wanna see Ottawa make it this yer, not the cats.

Speak for yourself. :x

as long as a west team doesnt cross-over, im fine.

sry mate, bring back Tigger the Tiger-Cat (the old logo), then well talk.