Ti Cats Release Torrey Davis, Sign 2

Hamilton Tiger-Cats ?@Ticats 15m
The #Ticats have added DL Kiante Tripp and Harold Mutobola to the practice roster & released DT Torrey Davis. #CFL

Ticats.ca Staff

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have added national defensive back Harold Mutobola and international defensive end Kiante Tripp to their practice roster, the team announced today.

Mutobola, a 6-1, 190-pound Western product played in two games during his rookie season with the Tiger-Cats in 2013. He attended training camp with the Ticats this season and was released on June 16.

Tripp, a 6-5, 277-pound native of Atlanta, Georgia, has previously spent time with the Toronto Argonauts as well as the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and Cleveland Browns. In 12 games with the Argos last year, Tripp recorded 10 defensive tackles, one fumble recovery and one interception.

The Ticats also announced that international defensive lineman Torrey Davis has been released.[/b]

Unfortunate for Davis … suffered a devastating loss in the off-season.

Yes he did. I'm extremely sorry for him and wish Torrey all the best in his future in or out of football.

Too bad I spoke to Torrey last year in Guelph and he is a very nice man. This appears to be a numbers game with two Nationals, Laurent and Buckle playing inside and two Internationals playing on the edge Norwood and Boudreau. Neither ends have been impressive and I wonder what the love affair is with these guys. Every team has a great rush end except the Tiger Cats - Calgary - Willis, Edmonton, Hughes, Montreal, Bowman, Sask, Chick. I hope the NFL cuts produce another Monford. Last in sacks again this year?

Thank you Torrey Davis for everything you did for my team. :rockin:

You tried to do the impossible. After suffering the devastating loss of your son in the off-season, you then tried to concentrate on football and had to displace one of two excellent Canadian DT's. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Hopefully wherever you go in life you be very happy with the journey.

:thup: :thup:

I feel bad for Torrey He’s a very tough year.
But this is Business and it very Cruel

So I’m not the only one who thinks we need an end that nobody can block. I wonder if Billy Ray Locklin had any sons?

Pat Lynch (the old" Wildcats" fan)

I thought Torrey had the potential but I guess it didn't work out this season, thank you for being a Tiger-Cat and giving us fans some entertainment on the field to watch game in and game out and best wishes in your future for you and your family.

Go Cats Go!!

I would also like to thank Torrey Davis for everything he has done for this team, and I also wish him the best of luck in the future after he has been through some difficult times. I thought he was a good player, but simply was not needed by this team any longer. I'm not sure if another team will pick him up later. But once again, I do wish him well.

And Mutobola, who am I pleased to see back on our roster, has had to overcome some difficult times as well, as you can see here: http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/ ... -sask.html