Ti-Cats Extend Mariuz

Here's the link
http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-extend-mariuz

Not many details on the deal in this article, I expect there will be more to come. The title indicates that they extended his contract, which I take mean they either bought out his option year, or just made the term of his deal longer by one year.

As far as the signing goes, Ray should be in the prime of his career (turned 28 on XMas day) and I think he is a slightly above average player who is Canadian. He had 65 tackles last year, and has always been solid on special teams. It would be nice to see him develop into a Kevin Eiben type player.

Unless something else happens this currently has our LBs looking like Knowlton, Floyd, and Mariuz. If Floyd doesn't work out in the middle they could try Knowlton, Siskowic, and Floyd, and have one fewer Canadian.

Welcome back, Ray! Have a great season!

Unless something else happens this currently has our LBs looking like Knowlton, Floyd, and Mariuz. If Floyd doesn't work out in the middle they could try Knowlton, Siskowic, and Floyd, and have one fewer Canadian.
We want Lloyd.... and not just because Lloyd and Floyd working together sounds cool. :)

Good news indeed that Ray Mariuz has re-signed. Mariuz is a good team player, a leader on special teams and he gives new Ticat defensive coordinator Greg Marshall the option of either employing either a 4-3 or 3-4 defence.

By the way, Mark, it is almost as cool that most of the characters of Mayberry R.F.D. now call Tigertown their home: barneyfife1, Otis Floyd, and Opie (i.e. Obie). All they need now is someone named Andy (not Andy Petek) to round out the cast.