Ti-Cat Fans Talk A Lot But Have Short Attention Spans!

Look at the thread and post totals on cfl.ca.

If every team's post and thread count were averaged out then every team's fans would have posted 11% of the threads and 11% of the posts.

Ti-Cat fans have posted 26% of the Posts and an amazing 63% of the threads.

So.... we talk a lot and run out of things to say on topics pretty quickly, it seems.

:D

The fact that I am replying to your post helps contradict at least one half of your conclusion. Conversely, the fact that I am not really saying anything only serves to confirm it.

Perhaps we are a bunch of free thinkers who throw stuff out there for contemplation and reflection.

Or maybe we just think too much.

What was the question?

Other teams have discussion forums on other web sites that were well established before this site came on board and the previous posts on the other site for the Cats were transferred here I believe. I think I'm acurrate on this but correct me someone if I'm not!

Numbers check!

In the 9 team forums 5757 topics have been posted.
In the Hamilton forum 3015 topics have been posted.

3015/5757 = 52.4% of threads created.

In the 9 teams forums 72987 postings.
In the Hamilton forum 43295 postings.

43295/72987 = 59.3% of postings.
In the Hamilton forum 3015 topics, 43295 postings = 14.4 postings per topic introduced.

Actually, GABBY!

We enjoy healthy debate and conversation :wink:

I have to say that the Cat forums are usually a lot livlier and more interesting than the ones I've seen for other teams. That's why I keep returning. Also, it's the only one that I know of where the owner actually reads and responds to fans. Man, that's unheard of these days.

An Argo fan

I think it's all the closet TiCat fans that make the site lively.

Oskiee Wee Wee

My take on this is that some Hamilton fans talk before they think and in some cases that takes a while.. :stuck_out_tongue:...but it makes for lots of threads.

Can't argue with that. We should have a quilt by now.

Just wait and see the traffic increase when we hoist Lord Grey's chalice in your house next November.

ZING!!!

LOL! Try being a fan here in Hamilton for fifteen years,and keep your thoughts straight after a season like this year!The fan base in Hamilton are doing very well!They just are trying to live through the bad times right now for the better times in the future!Of course ignorance and unknowledge of sports would even say we have no attention spand!

Mark, were you trying NOT to work again? :wink:

Mark wrote:
Look at the thread and post totals on cfl.ca.

If every team's post and thread count were averaged out then every team's fans would have posted 11% of the threads and 11% of the posts.

Ti-Cat fans have posted 26% of the Posts and an amazing 63% of the threads.

So.... we talk a lot and run out of things to say on topics pretty quickly, it seems.

Numbers check!

In the 9 team forums 5757 topics have been posted.
In the Hamilton forum 3015 topics have been posted.

3015/5757 = 52.4% of threads created.

In the 9 teams forums 72987 postings.
In the Hamilton forum 43295 postings.

43295/72987 = 59.3% of postings.
In the Hamilton forum 3015 topics, 43295 postings = 14.4 postings per topic introduced.

Actually, GABBY!

Fascinating- is your board showing different numbers from mine.

I have 4777 total topics listed on my screen and 3015 of these being Ti-cat topics.

I also have 113515 total posts listed with 43347 of these being Ti-Cat ones.

Either we're getting totally different readings or....
for the posts you are saying that the figure of 72987 is total posts where my board indicates that you take both the figures you mentioned

43295/72987

and add these to get total posts.

The minor percentage differences may come because I did rough calculations in my head but there are still some discrepancies. Did you get your figures from the ti-cat main board or from another one?

Borehamgirl.....

Yes.

The first number is not a total of all forums; it refers specifically to the number of topic in the "CFL Talk" forum. The second number refers to this forum.

In case anyone plans to do a masters thesis on this topic ... to accurately describe the proportion of posts going to various forums you would need to choose a common range of dates. The CFL Talk forum has been around much longer than this current version of the Ticat Chat forum. We actually outnumber them if you start from the time this forum migrated to the new platform. (No, I have not done the actual count.)

From the main board, as you did.

I don't believe the numbers shown in the CFL.ca board can be directly related to the individual team forums.

Therefore: We're gabby on the Tiger Cat Forum, 14.4 replies per topic.

:wink:

Expat added some more info as well... but as you say, anyway you slice it we're....

Choose one:
-gabby
-talkative
-chatty
-voluble
-loudmouths

F) all of the above

(except me)