Thursday Gametime Moved to 7pm + Raptors Viewing Party

TIGER-CATS HOME OPENER GAME TIME MOVED UP TO 7 P.M.

Fans invited to watch duration of TSN’s broadcast of Game 6 of NBA Finals on 3,400 square foot video board at Tim Hortons Field following Ticats game

In celebration of Canadians across the country rallying behind the National Basketball League’s Toronto Raptors and their drive to win the 2019 NBA Championship, the Canadian Football League is moving up the start time of the June 13 game in Hamilton between the Tiger-Cats and Saskatchewan Roughriders to 7 p.m. EDT from 7:30 p.m. EDT.

During the game, select televisions around Tim Hortons Field will switch to the beginning of Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the Raptors and Golden State Warriors at 9 p.m. The Tiger-Cats will also open the gates to the public following the conclusion of the team’s home opener for fans and community members to view the remainder of TSN’s live broadcast of the Raptors game for free.

The entire stadium, including the field itself, will be accessible for everyone to watch the remainder of the game on the team’s 3,400 square foot video board.

It’s a very exciting time to be a sports fan in Canada with the start of the CFL season and the Toronto Raptors making their mark on Canadian sports history with this amazing run,? said Matt Afinec, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Tiger-Cats.

“With our home opener aligning with Game 6 of the NBA Finals, there’s no better way to celebrate than to open the gates at Tim Hortons Field after the Ticats game and create our version of ‘Jurassic Park’ at Tim Hortons Field.?

See you on Thursday night!

Oskee Wee Wee,

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Great news! It would have been even better if they had moved the Ticats game to 6:00 pm so that we could watch the entire Raptors game on the big screen.

Or I could get home in time to watch from the start?.

Charming.
Team is more than happy to take my “watch party” idea but when it comes to concessions I get a restraining order.

You are getting a commission on concession sales aren’t you? You should!

I’d like to hear from the cranky guy who was posting on another thread that the Raptors series has no bearing on the Tiger-Cats and therefore should not be discussed on this forum.

Should we talk about why the start time was moved, or just cover our eyes and assume it was a random act of God?

8)Or even better to have cancelled the TiCat game completely, since no one cares about them
anymore any way !!!

It seems the CFL is 2nd class now, even in Hamilton ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

Anyway, Go Argos Go !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

Amen Tipper. 8)

(Clapping hands loudly)

Mods!!! I am highly offended by seeing the last 3 words of Tipper’s post. This is Canada. Do something about it. Now. I am melting… melting…

I understand why the team is doing this, but now I’m going to most likely miss the start of the football game because of an 5:00 appointment that can’t be rescheduled and will take about an hour. Then I have to drive from Cambridge.

I hope the appointment starts on time.

This is not a negative thing. This is a good thing ( for me anyways).
As a family we are first time season ticket holders, (even though I have been going to games for 40 years).
My boys are huge Raptor, and Ticats fans, but right now the Raptors are the big thing.
We were already negotiating with the kids if we were going to leave after the 3rd quarter and get home by 11 ( we live in Waterloo) to watch the last quarter of basketball.

If my kids had to choose, partly because of the weather forecast, they were asking if we could just skip the season opener , since are going to at least 7 other football games this year.

This is a smart move by the Ticats and TSN, and now my family does not have to choose and it will be a great night.

Fantastic!

Leading “Post of the Year” candidate! I actually laughed out loud.

He’s change usernames.

Read on it appears that cranky guy is not alone

Personally, and again, I am not at all a follower of the Raptors or of basketball, but I have to think this is a classy move by the league, TSN, the Riders and the Cats. If I were a Raptors fan, I imagine I would be over the moon for the opportunity to attend the Cats game, and still keep up on the Raptors game, even watch it to the end if I choose to do so.

Got to think that this is a good public relations move, and a win-win for both the club and the fans. Congratulations to all concerned.

Looks like the HSR will run until after the raps game.

Good move. At least this way the game on TSN3 and TSN5 should have a fair number of football fans eyes who are only casual recently on the Raptors bandwagon fans - at least until 9:00PM anyways.

But after that I suspect it will only be some diehard Cats and Riders fans watching with everyone else flipping to CTV or TSN1 or TSN4 for the NBA game Yes the main CTV network are now showing the Raps tomorrow. That decision made after they saw last night’s incredible ratings.

• Average 6.7 million between Sportsnet, CityTV and RDS.
  • Peak audience of 8.5 million
  • over 13.4 million reach - so that many catching at east a part of the game last night.

That according to Numeris was the #21 ranked sports program in Canadian history and would move into the Top Ten were you to exclude Olympics.

Man, I’m starting to think that I am the only television owner in Canada not watching the Raptors :).

You’re not. Far from it. 8)

Nope. Me neither. But I am enjoying their great run via highlights on the news!?