Thurman not Elijah

Thurman joins Bombers receiving corps

WINNIPEG, MB – Playing in a northerly climate will be nothing new for Andrae Thurman, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ latest addition.The former Green Bay Packers wide receiver agreed to terms with the CFL club today. As per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“Andrae Thurman demonstrated during his stint in Green Bay that he has all the tools to be a valuable asset as both a receiver and as a special teams player,� Bombers G.M. Brendan Taman said. “He will be an interesting addition to our mix of receivers at training camp.�

Thurman (5-11, 185, Southern Oregon ’03, DOB: Oct. 25, 1980 in Houston, Texas) appeared in 15 games for the Packers in 2005, including one start versus the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. He hauled in seven catches for 92 yards in ’05, including a long of 33 yards. On special teams, he had 10 kick returns for 178 yards and nine punt returns for 31 yards.

In 2004, he played in the Pack’s final two regular season games, including his pro debut versus the Minnesota Vikings on Dec. 24. He caught two passes for 12 yards and added three kick returns for 59 yards. Thurman also saw action as both a receiver and return man in the Pack’s NFC Wild Card playoff game versus the Vikings.

Thurman began his collegiate football career at the University of Arizona, where he played three seasons (2000-02) for the Wildcats. He caught 105 passes for 1,530 yards at Arizona. He then transferred to Southern Oregon for the ’03 season, where he started eight games and led the Raiders with 55 receptions for 845 yards and four touchdowns.

I think we got the right Thurman........Taman just keeps realing them in......

...Thurman could be the sleeper in the group of receivers brought in this year...not much fan-fare coming in late....but he has lot of credentials....I know THE BLUE&GOLD.....also have an eye to the future....Milt may not be around next year....and down the road we are going to have to replace him....maybe we have started some auditions..... :cry: :arrow:

ewww, packers. packers suck. they're gross

Thurmon is a solid pickup for our receiving corps.

that he is. we have a wack load of talent at reciever this year. casey allen, quenton mccord, adrian madise, A. franklin(cant spell his first name lol), and now thurmon. i think they will all be quite good, not to mention brazzell steagal and AJ. our recievers will be solid this year along with our running game and O-line. hopefully Glenn can live up to his potential, he has all the tools, no excuses this season. if not… Quinns looking mighty good in camp so far!

i agree, but i still hate the packers

so do I, Packers should be playing out of Milwaukee as well as Green Bay.

I totally disagree. I went to the last Packers game of the 05/06 season when they played Seattle in Green Bay and I think they should stay where they are at Lambeau. Plus they have sold out each game for the last 8 years.

packers suck, lambeau sucks.

some of those are from Milwaukee, likely half the attendance.

green bays population is around 300000 and wisconsons not a place that has small cities every where, so i otta agree with you

Thurman has been pretty darn good for us at TC.

the word today from Berry is 4 I and 1 NI will be our receiving core...that would mean Milt, Brazzell, AJ3 and probably Thurman......the NI probably Stoddard...

i really dont get that, i mean all we need is 7 nucks to start. we have possibly 5 ni on the line. 2 ni at DT, an NI at safety and fullback. that makes 9 right their, and now a reciever makes 10. why not start mccord or madise instead of stoddard or an ni. all we need is 4 ni lineman, Regimbauld at fullback or TE, brown at tackle and carter at safety. thats 7. so we can now go all imp at reciever and throw warner in at DT, and if something goes wrong then switch it up. its confusing to me, oh and also this new adrian baird at OLB. that makes 11 lol.