Three quarterbacks throw touchdown passes as Bombers win West Division

Three different quarterbacks threw a touchdown pass as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers put up 48 points in their Saturday night win over the Edmonton Elks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/08/three-quarterbacks-throw-touchdown-passes-as-bombers-win-west-division/

If we had four quarterbacks we wouldn't have had ALL FOUR of them throw touchdown passes. NOT THAT THEY COULDN'T... but that would've been showing off.

We're much too sportsmanlike to do such a thing.

4 Likes

When is the last time that three quarterback threw a touchdown pass where none of them where injuried or pulled for bad play. Brown and Prukop on three combined passes threw for 11 yards less than Cornelius.

2 Likes

Very impressive by Winnipeg and a great time to be a Blue Bombers fan

1 Like

The endzone was lost and they all searched until they found it? Wow, what dedication.

[quote="Maaax, post:2, topic:81653"]

If we had four quarterbacks we wouldn't have had ALL FOUR of them throw touchdown passes. NOT THAT THEY COULDN'T... but that would've been showing off.

We're much too sportsmanlike to do such a thing.

My worry is that other teams have seen that we are vulnerable against their blitz. Zack was attacked that one play on a blitz. That's how Hamilton and Montreal beat us. Als had 5 and Ticats had 2. We had 1 against the Als. Ritchie dosen't like to blitz. Look for Calgary to blitz heavy and keep Zack and our offence off the field. And Maier move the ball against our D.
1 Like

We might not see Calgary again this year. BC might knock them off in the semi-final. I wonder which team would be tougher to beat when the weather turns cold come November?

Swing passes, screens and jet sweeps (just not to Rasheed Bailiey) should be enough to keep the defence honest. The run game is picking up steam and the pass attack is on point.

If Rourke doesn't make a comeback then we will definately see the Stamps. And if it is the Stamps. Tough to beat a team 3 times in a season. Try again for a fourth. Hmmm.

Rasheed Bailey owns the best TD catch and run of the season. If they get to Zack the recievers don't get the ball is my point. And we allow good QBs too much time to get the ball to there's. 3 and 4 man rushes will not do it against the Stamps.

If the Bombers do play the Stamps, a big if, I would think the Stamps would be at a disadvantage knowing they would be banging their head against the wall a fourth time. The Bombers would be thinking “we know we got this”. The Bombers would clearly have the advantage and the mental edge, not to mention home field.

1 Like

That AWSOME play was not a jet sweep.
He has been stuffed in the past 2 games on jet sweeps. Get Rasheed the ball in space and watch out.

My thought is get the ball out short and quick before the rush from Lemon and Rose gets home. We do that they need to devote more to coverage opening up the box to runs and longer pass plays. Because you are
right if we don’t, any team we play will shut us down.

1 Like

The truth lies in the Bombers depth and how they develop it, from onboarding thru practice, and then games.

Most teams could use our second stringers, and even some thirds as the first on their team. The Bombers have truly perfected this aspect of player recruitment and development.

2 Likes

Bombers depth is unparallaled, period.

1 Like

I would rip the swing pass from the play book. Jet sweep was executed well by Demski but Judge usually sniffs them out. Bombers run very few screens and when they do, not very well executed. Any good QB given time will have success against a D. A great QB will evicerate it. We'll see how many times the Stamps D gets to Fajardo. He may be better off with a matress back there.

2 Likes

One thing is certain. If we DO see the Stamps again for a 4th match it'll be here in Winnipeg with a sell-out crowd cheering us on. It's advantage Bombers. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Fans don't play the game.

That's true Thetruth. :smiley:

Why isn't Danny Mcmanus in the team photo for either if the championship years.

He wouldn't cough up the fifty bucks the portrait studio was asking for the finished prints.

1 Like