Three Bold Predictions

re Banks, the TiCat's great punt returners and punt returns in general...

It could be an exciting year for punt returns with some of the players in the league and the new rules or... much of that could be neutralized by the punting teams simply kicking out of bounds and living with a "minor" penalty vs a potential long return or return for a touchdown :frowning:

We'll have to see how the season plays out and whether special team coaches are brave and face the challenge or wimp out and take the safe route.

It’s funny how people can get so upset over things like “predictions”
I just read through some of the predictions from 2014. Ticat fans were boiling over and calling Schultz every name in the book because he predicted the Ticats would not make the playoffs, “Schultz loves the ARgos” “he shouldn’t be allowed to predict, he’s biased” He also predicted the Argos to finish first in the east and BC first in the West.

Yet, a year later Schultz predicts the Ticats to finish 1st in the East, all of a sudden Ticat fans are loving Schultz again…lol
Could he be wrong again this year?

How would you keep all those guys on the active roster at the same time, though? Except for Sinkfield, the rest are not part of your starting receiving corps, no?

Did I say that they would all be on the field at once? My prediction is that Banks and Sinkfield will start (duh lol) but if a receiver or (another) RB gets injured, or demoted due to performance issues, you can bet that McDuffie, Smith or Holley will be on the game-day roster in a heartbeat. Heck, Tim Smith might even BE on the game day roster as a backup as it is. If BANKS gets hurt, you can bet your bottom dollar that McDuffie will be on the field for the next game. The point is, we have incredible depth almost everywhere, especially on the Special Teams. They're special... lol

I remember the playoffs of 2013, Hamilton won the ESF and then EF on the road in Toronto despite the continuing skepticism of the TSN panel. I’ve learned to take predictions with an enormous grain of salt. Heck, they can be wrong just as easily as the rest of us. And often are.

What I found so wrong with what the Blue Bomber fan said was calling Brandon Banks “overrated”. His evidence was far from convincing. He used the word to be inflammatory, not to provide an honest assessment of his talent.

He can’t help it if he is from the Peg :wink:

GOD SENT ME

Did i miss the 2nd and 3rd predictions?

You probably did if you didn’t click on the link in the first post of this thread, or read the fourth post.

oldfan: I saw Speedy at practice today. He’s even electrifying there too!
On one particular pass play he was outstanding. So much so that he got a round of applause from everyone there…players, coaches and the few fans who were watching. You don’t usually see that at a practice.
I think we are in for some exciting football from him. I just hope he does not get sidelined by an injury.

Then what do you have @BillyDee87? He has no listed experience … what is yours?

Do you have a blog? Have you ever put yourself out there on the line like these guys do?

Start up a blog BillyDee87 … Put your name to it … put your opinions out there for all to take a response.

Fair? I think so!

And if it is good enough … then I guess you’ll be included in 3DownNation in the future which would be great! We love all opinions and thoughts when it comes to CFL Football.

Just put your name to it & don’t troll or take “pot” shots!

Cool? Fair?

Thats his point Fenderguy, neither of them are anymore qualified than some guy off the street so we shouldn't take him too seriously.

Ahhh yes, the ever sensitive Fenderguy.

No, I do not want to blog. I don’t have the time and more frankly, I don’t have the type of personality where I have to try and prove to the public how smart I think I am.

The guy elected to put his opinion out to the public of his own choice. That means he has accepted that not everyone will agree with him, not everyone will like what he has to say, and everyone has the opportunity to have fun with what he writes; as I did. I thought poking fun at his appeal to the authority of his non-football fan girlfriend was particularly funny. Clearly you did not. What is most disturbing about your response to me is that you seem to have taken this so personally. You better toughen up yourself if you get this offended when someone pokes fun at one of your co-writers. Wait until it happens to you. How badly will you go-off then? Oh yes, this is the second or third time you have attacked me because I have dared to question the god-like omnipotence of your football knowledge by merely stating that I disagree with you on some point. From that I can somewhat predict your reaction.

And lastly, ad hominem attacks on someone whom you disagree with (“troll, Pot-shots” neither of which were particularly clever or effective) are neither cool nor fair. And writing a blog is proof of experience in what exactly?

Calling someone out for ad hominem attacks and then saying bloggers are just people who want to prove how smart that is a bit hypocritical.

Also, you post your thoughts on a fan forum. You want people to know your opinion and you think your opinion is correct. I mean, if you didn’t, you wouldn’t put it out there. There is not much difference between what you do here and what bloggers do.

1. I was only speaking about myself. I was not attacking anyone else.

2. A discussion forum and a blog are two very different types of medium. Not even close in comparison. The forum writer comes to the site to see what others think and perhaps add a note or two to a discussion, even at times starting a discussion. A blog is one writer taking the time to create the blog, choose a topic, research it (hopefully) and opine in a rather one way conversation.

Again, why are you so onto this topic? The original author doesn’t seem to care. Why do you?

And thats why you call them out on it. It's why we participate in public forums. I enjoy the banter and appreciate the input and critique on my points of view. I'm even ocassionaly persuaded to change my points of view!

This.

Valid points being made on both sides. On the one hand, it's too easy to disparage bloggers and other online writers from the comfortable anonymity of a forum. Writing in any medium is hard; putting your name to a piece of writing takes courage. Those for whom writing isn't a profession (whether full-time or part-time) should strive to recognize and respect the craft and effort of writing, even when you fundamentally disagree with the ideas and opinions the writer is expressing.

On the other hand, the specific criticisms leveled against the blogger in question are, for the most part, valid and reasonable. In order to be taken seriously as a writer, you have to hone your craft; the second you move from the informality of a message board to a blog that is associated with a specific project, you are implicitly held to a higher standard of professionalism, diligence, and general quality. Invoking an anecdote that involves your spouse or partner may fly in a game thread, but as part of a football blog that is striving for recognition and respect, it is out of place. Moreover, it does nothing to establish your credibility as a writer. If you don't want fans to take apart your comments in an online forum, the solution is both simple and hard: become a better writer. :wink:

Excellent and very valid points D&P.

Well stated, Discipline.

If I may add that hurling such insults at a player, like calling Brandon Banks “overrated”, does not help a blogger’s credibility. There are more polite and respectful ways to express such a thought.

Never mind the fact that this rude statement is completely undeserved.