Thoughts....

K Gades fans.... we've seen our team get off to a great start now 4 - 3.

What does everyone think of their chances of making the playoffs?? As a long time fan and season ticket holder, I am still somewhat skeptical of the team. It seems like every game, I am surprised that they win.......

I'd like to hear what the other Gades fans have to say..........

I think they have been playing well up to this point. All they need to do is show up in the first 30 minutes instead of the last 30 minutes. If they can get a full game together like they did against Calgary, there isn’t anyone we can’t beat.

Chances of making the playoffs look good. I think we have a solid team and the defence is getting better with each week.

1. Collier and Jacobs give us the kind of pressure from the DE position that we have been missing since Boireau's rookie year.

2. Our secondary is better than it has ever been. This has always been our achilles heal (that idiot Carter with his eyes in the backfield, Ricky Bell getting burned and George McCullough - thang god we got rid of him) and we finally have some talent who make plays and that's without Crance Clemons. Just imagine how good we'll be if he is able to pick up where he left off two years ago.

3. Hamilton appears to be tanking. While I think they have a lot of talent on that team and can beat anybody, they haven't and are simply too far behind at this point. We'll definately finish ahead of them and with a number of teams in the west stinking it up, it doesn't look like the crossover will be a problem.

My concern is our offense. I'm encouraged by their explosiveness, but their slow starts and inability to generate consistent drives in the first half frightens me. I'm hoping that will get sorted out soon.

I will say this though, we used to be a team that started strong and then faded quickly. I've gotta say that I prefer a strong finish to a strong start, we seem to get more wins this way.

I can understand your trepidation Smyth Cam. When was the last time Ottawa had a winning record/share of first place this late in the season? They haven't had a winning record in my lifetime so was it the 9-9 year in the early 90's? Anyways the Defense looks really sharp so I like our postseason chances. I say second in the east, esp. with Cahoon out for a while.

Yeah, I haven't seen a winning record either in my lifetime... just the 9 - 9 season.... The inconsistencies on offence bother me the most. The defence is playing really well, allowing a lot of yards but getting key turnovers when they need them... I'm worried that when they stop getting those turnovers, it may be a different story..... Maybe I'm just paranoid?? (I hope).......