Thoughts from the game (20/06/10)

It is that he is just not that good, can’t read the defence, has no zip on his throws, constantly under throwing his recievers etc. I used to like him, now not so much

Good game Ticats i really like the make up of your team. Looks solid on offence with a lot of weapons. Just a question what is with QP . I really liked this guy when he came to the Ticats, but for some reason he seems one step forward and two steps back with him. He has the tools to be top notch qb in this league. However with Trafallis you should have a very capable backup. Anyway good luck and hope you guys have a great season . I am sick of everyone handing Mtl first place by default . My Bombers will be an exciting team this year and am looking forward to some really compwtetive footvball.

lots of fun watching Martin Manson, that guy can get to full speed in about three steps. how many no yard penalties did he draw the Peggers into.

I was also quite impressed with Manson. He not only has speed, but he has the agressive running style that we have been missing.

I'll weigh in here on the Porter/Tafralis vote for 2nd string QB. Based on what I saw of Porter last year
and on what he has shown at practice this year, along with yesterday's game, he has reached his maximum
learning potential for a CFL QB. I didn't care for him last year and because I an seeing no change in his play
this year, I would deem him 3rd string with Boltus lapping at his heels. Coaches and other players have been
working very hard to improve Porter's play, but you can't get blood out of a stone.

All things considered, the QB spot shouldn't be a problem this season unless Porter sees too much play.

A greater concern to me is our punting punting game. I know it is thought by many that punting doesn't count
for much in football, but it sure does in the CFL. We need a guy; Canadian preferably, who can consistently punt
40 to 45 yard averages per game and we haven't got him. A good punter will dictate field position, (good or bad)
and not have to bust his ass to get down field to make a tackle due to his failure to execute.

Like Porter, a great deal of time has been spend with our punter and I'm guessing that what we see, at this stage,
is what we get.

Common, Obie. The Grey Cup is in our view finder! Get us a punter! Great job everywhere else!

Some other teams will be forced to release some good punters watch BobO snag one.

As much as I was impressed by Jason Parlady at training camp I am just as concerned after watching yesterday. My opinion is that there will be a punter to at minimum push him within a week. I'm still hopeful that the kid makes it but this is professional football and he must average at minimum in my opinion 42-45 yards a kick wind or not.

Watched the replay last night at midnight and verified that the Bombers got free points for free because of terrible reffing.

1. Corey Watson had his closest foot VERY clearly on the line on that deep shot that set up a TD.
    2)Chris Davis was milking the DB's knocking away the ball and not one laid a single hand on him until they knocked it out of his hands, the announcers even said so and it was pass interference.

Irrelevant but i'm glad to see that the refs are off to a good start already

Also after watching the replay on Cable 14 I have to say Dwayne Cameron handled the ST work masterfully on the sidelines, great coach signing :thup: