Those RETRO UNIs were sharp

It'd like to make the subtle recommendation that the team adopt an updated version (names, leaping tiger) of the retro uniforms as their permanent uniforms next season. Most of the sweaters across the league just looked so much sharper than the comic book stuff worn on a regular basis.

The old style jersies invoke a sense of tradition and professionalism.

Gold helmet?

Real tiger over Tony the Tiger?

The end to the “Real Men was Black Unitards” look?

:D :D :D

It would be nice, but I don’t see the organization embracing the good old days as much as that. We somehow need Jason Farr sounding like a very bad tractor pull between rap from MC Concorde at 130 decibels over the PA while the “cartoon” look predominates on the field as you suggest. :wink:

Thankfully the on-field product predominates over all shortcomings so even Tom’s guilt over blackout threats lose their sting because it’s a product worth supporting at the gate!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Speaking of the Retros, they are on sale on the Ticats online store, down to $60, i May pick one up....tempting....

8) That jersey for $60 is a blank one. If you want it personalized (name & number), it is on sale
 for $120.  Still a pretty good deal.  

Maybe I will pick myself up a "Zambiasi" #31 , retro.  !!      <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

That's the one my bf wants. :smiley: That is a great deal and I LOVE those jerseys.

8) See bg, your bf has good taste !!! But, I already knew that !! :wink: :lol:
[quote=""joedavtav""] It'd like to make the subtle recommendation that the team adopt an updated version (names, leaping tiger) of the retro uniforms as their permanent uniforms next season. Most of the sweaters across the league just looked so much sharper than the comic book stuff worn on a regular basis.

The old style jersies invoke a sense of tradition and professionalism.
[/quote]

You are right on the money. They do look better. We really have gone comic book across the league. It's bad enough having RONA and SCOTIABANK etc. plastered all over the jerseys without having them look like Christmas trees already. Bring 'em back!

I like both.

I say stay with the new modern look, which is very cool, and adopt the retro uni as the third uni.

But then again, I liked the gold jerseys too.

[b]THEY"RE ALL GOOD![/b]

I think it's time for me to get one with the number 1 on it...

...and it WON'T have Shaw on the back... lol

Anybody guess what name it will be? lol

Wait for it...

Earl...praise his name?

:D :D :D

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

The "retro" jerseys totally rock.

They are SOOOOOOOOO much better than the current awful Reebok design.

It's been what....four years with those horrible unis?

I truly hate them.

I totally agree......I would buy lots more merchandise if our Leaping Tiger LOOKED like the real tiger of old rather than the cartoonish one we have now......Gold Pants and the Gold Helmets Look Amazing...........Looking forward to the 70's Retro next Year....

Message to Ticat Merchandising Department............Make sure the colour on the stripes is not the Off Orange we had this year on the Jersey..... Next Year will be my 25th Year as a Season Ticket Holder.

Tiger-Cats For Life :thup: