Thorpe Resignation Invalid; Edmonton Cleared

Yet, I still can't see Thorpe returning to the Als.

He can`t jump to another CFL team, but would he be allowed to join the Carabins?

If he wants to walk, a buyout or compensation is going to happen. Otherwise he's stuck here. Good on Orridge.

Effectivement. Je n'ai pas hâte de voir comment ce bordel va se régler.

Si Thorpe demeure sous contrat avec les Alouettes, on peut imaginer qu'il pourrait théoriquement exiger d'être remis en poste. Il va sans dire que puisque le lien de confiance est rompu, il est plus que douteux que les Alouettes veuillent que Thorpe revienne occuper son poste. D'autre part, je vois mal les Alouettes le payer à ne rien faire. il semble donc que Popp devra avoir de sérieuses négociations avec Thorpe à propos de son statut. On peut s'attendre à ce que quelque chose se dessine quelque part au mois de juillet... :twisted:

With this situation resolved, at least for the time being, hopefully we can move on hiring the vacant positions on offense: receivers coach and RB coach.

League needs to clearly write the rules regarding coaching movement. When that happens in early 2016, the Als might be able to get "trade" Thorpe to whomever is interested in his services.

Il demeure qu’avec cette aventure, certains seront prudents pour embaucher Thorpe. Les termes du contrat risquent d’être salés en cas de démission…

La décision d’Orridge demeure un jugement de Salomon. Thorpe ne pouvait démissionner pour se joindre aux Eskimos, mais ces derniers n’auraient commis aucun maraudage interdit. Je ne peux m’empêcher de peser qu’il y a là comme une contradiction.

Même si c'est toujours possible, je doute que Noel Thorpe va retourner avec les Alouettes. Le lien de confiance a été rompu,autant avec l'Organisation que les joueurs et les partisans.

J'ose espérer que Noel Thorpe et Jim Popp/la Direction se rencontreront et que, dans le meilleur intérêt de tous,le contrat sera annulé. Meilleur scénario pour moi.

Richard

Hopefully Popp can do his other bloody job and sign some of our pending free agents!

The Edmonton non-tampering part of the ruling is a joke. How do you determine that in 1/2 day?

Did he call the individual parties into his office for a face to face meeting? Did he talk to Anwar Stewart who was reported moving to Edm. with Thorpe? Did he ask to see phone records?

I repeat the ruling is a joke.

Mike, Mike, I thought you were off the bandwagon! Good to see you back, the team needs all the fans it can get!

I would not do that until the Als have found a replacement, free agency and draft is completed. Not sure if they are paid over 12 months or over the season but unless the Als get an offer they like for his services. There is no way I release him until May possibly June.

They will look like absolute juniors if they release him and another team signs him the next day.

It's possible,Sheldon, that Jason Maas spoke to Noel Thorpe before he -Maas- discussed with/was hired by Edmonton. Noel most probably spoke to Anwar. No problem with the ruling and it's good that it came quickly.

Will Noel get in touch with Jim or Mark? I presume that he will have a spokesperson/a lawyer doing this part.

Richard

Avec le coup de chien que Thorpe a tenté de passer aux Alouettes, j’espère qu’il sera mis de côté jusqu’à la fin de son contrat.

Il demeure que tout ceci ne serait probablement pas arrivé si Popp n’avait pas décidé de revenir à la barre de l’équipe comme entraîneur-chef. Il n’est pas un entraîneur-chef de toute façon. En passant le flambeau à Thorpe, il pouvait promouvoir Reed comme adjoint à l’entraîneur-chef, garder son gourou de la défensive et se concentrer sur le côté offensif. Il aurait quand même atteint son objectif de continuité. Là, il a malhabilement provoqué un démantèlement de son personnel d’entraîneurs.

I think Orridge has an eye and ears around the situation. If he hits Edmonton it also makes it more difficult for Edmonton and Montreal to sort this out. Let’s wait and see who Edmonton hires as a DC, that will be very telling. Maas says he will announce his staff in January… By who and the qualifications of who is hired, we will know.

But lets talk loyalty for a minute here. Look around at Jones, Maas and Thorpe and there are others and compare that to the loyalty Jim has shown our team, 17 years now…

Now look at Thorpe’s history and ask yourself if he’s head Coach material ? He was about to walk out on his contract on this team for a second time. His handling of Bowman suspect. His jealousy of Kavis Reed mind numbing and immature.

When Popp fell ill who did he turn the team over to Thorpe or Reed ?

Thorpe is what I call a “FruckUp” another poster used Special Snow Flake. He’s not likely to coach the Als next season and will never be the HC of this team but I can see what Jim saw…

Maybe I am tone deaf - but is anyone suggesting that Orridge's intervention could result in Thorpe returning to a role as an Alouette coach in 2016?

I certainly hope not.

He's a quitter, he tried to weasel his way out of a contract, and the players all know this. I can't see him being an effective leader or a positive role model under these circumstances.

I will feel very relieved if someone confirms that Thorpe is now a FORMER member of the organization.

Check my reply in the other thread.

Unless he can subpoena phone records and e-mails all he has is “Did you talk to him?” / “Did they talk to you?”

Asking for voluntary delivery of phone records and emails just results in sanitized records if anyone is guilty.

Reading Mathieu Boulay in Journal de Montréal, it looks that Noel Thorpe will be the Defensive Coordinator. Jim Popp said "J'ai pris connaissance de la démission de Noel et on a eu une bonne discussion mercredi soir. Je dois avouer que sa décision m'a pris par surprise parce que je n'avais eu aucune rencontre avec lui à ce sujet. Je n'avais vu aucun signe avant-coureur de ce qu'il voulait faire, mais il n'y avait pas de froid entre nous."

While certain media persons think that Edmonton will try to obtain the right discuss with Thorpe, Jim Popp said that it will be no no matter what their offer is. I want Noel to stay with us. He is an excellent coach.

Jim Popp did not want to go beyond the next 2 years regarding the future of Noel with the Alouettes.

Anxious to have the reaction of Noel if reaction he has.

Richard