thomas and Brown not returning

And it should be “it has” been more than a week
Not “it’s” been more than one week.
it’s is short for it is.
Now that we are all good for spelling… :wink:

Actually it’s short for both.

Agreed. (It's Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster)

And further, while most of us will occasionally making spelling or grammatical errors on these forums, spelling the name of a coach or player wrong is pretty disrespectful. The subtext is: “I can’t be bothered to spell his name correctly”, and it’s disrespectful to the coach or player. I don’t have the spelling of Chris Rwabukamba’s name memorized, but it only took a second to look at the roster on ticats.ca and paste it in. Misspelling of player/coach names should be reserved for those we don’t respect, like Rob Murfy or Mike Oshay.

"I'd add that it's also a huge factor in time of possession. When the high risk / high reward style back scores a touchdown it still only takes seconds. The consistent back reduces the amount of punts and controls the clock."

I remember that used to be a criticism of the Bills when Jim Kelly and Marv Levy were there. They used to do the hurry up offense so often and so well that their defense didn't get sufficient rest time and they would leave so much time on the clock giving their opponent the opportunity to respond.

Having said that, I still like to have a quick strike element to the offense for comebacks and to keep the other team's defense on edge and honest.

"And further, while most of us will occasionally making spelling or grammatical errors on these forums, spelling the name of a coach or player wrong is pretty disrespectful. The subtext is: "I can't be bothered to spell his name correctly", and it's disrespectful to the coach or player. I don't have the spelling of Chris Rwabukamba's name memorized, but it only took a second to look at the roster on ticats.ca and paste it in. Misspelling of player/coach names should be reserved for those we don't respect, like Rob Murfy or Mike Oshay."

To me, misspelling ANYONE'S name show a lack of caring and respect. I often see that at work through emails, most often it's not even my name and I'm annoyed by it. My first name has been contorted many times into different spellings, shortened and lengthened by others. Then, when you correct them, I often get a shrug or a look of indifference, like it just doesn't matter. That is even more disrespectful.

On the other hand, I have been guilty of misspelling someone's name. It's not something I'm proud of.

We all make mistakes, particularly in our spelling in posts on the 'net, so quit getting upset when someone else makes a mistake you and I have made many times. If Orlondo, or Orlando, or Olanda wants to complain then he has that right, but let’s not complain on his behalf.

I once referred to Michael Clemons as “Pinball” and was (verbally) beaten up by an Argo fan for my condescension. So I reached out and asked Michael if he had any objection to my referring to him by his nickname. Not only was he not offended but he insisted that he took a lot of pride in his nickname. The morale of my little story is to be careful about getting offended on someone else’s behalf. :wink:

Apparently, you and I have a different opinon about the importance of using common courtesy when referring to another person by name in these threads. In my world, it is a matter of personal respect to take the trouble to check the spelling of someone’s name when I am quoting that name in a post. Basically Mr. Young, I do not see it is being trivial, I see it as simply being respectful and polite.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments seymour albeit it would be interesting to hear from someone affected by dysorthographia and their take on how they may have been misinterepreted as being careless or rude with respect to spelling names from time to time. Not suggesting this was the case in point here, I don't know to be quite honest.

Ticats release six players, however more importantly, a nobody forum user spelled a coach's name incorrectly.Cue 5 month argument that has nothing to do with anything and has zero relevance whatsoever. :roll: Nitpicking at it's finest

Amen. I suppose the nitpicker(sp?) never spelled anyone’s name wrong? People spell my name incorrectly all the time…I’m used to it, as I suspect Orlondo is. He does have a very difficult name to spell.

The subject heading of this thread is not Spelling 101. Can we stay on topic?

Seymour wrote:

"Apparently, you and I have a different opinon about the importance of using common courtesy when referring to another person by name in these threads. In my world, it is a matter of personal respect to take the trouble to check the spelling of someone's name when I am quoting that name in a post. Basically Mr. Young, I do not see it is being trivial, I see it as simply being respectful and polite."

Well said, Seymour.

People make mistakes. I get that, Bob. And I have admitted mine. What I don't do when I make an error on the pronunciation or spelling of someone's name is just shrug it off. I will apologize and ask, if needed, for the correction.

My experience is that the very same people who would rudely dismiss such acts, have also butchered my name too with the same attitude. My parents taught me to be respectful and considerate of others.

It doesn't take a lot of time or trouble to locate the correct spelling, especially someone whose name was in the news quite prominently recently. Sometimes, it's a simple typo, which can be corrected with the edit feature on this forum. And sometimes, it's because of carelessness and laziness, which is not excusable.

old fan, are you suggesting Caretaker condones pure rude and disrepectful behaviour and sloughs this off as "oh well" on these forums, or otherwise? Just wondering.

Again, people with attention deficit disorder or other issues as I've mentioned might be well meaning to get their thoughts out and not be able to pay attention to some other details, from time to time, due to the school system not training them as such with their disorder, parents not caring etc.. That is perfectly understandable at the same time agreeing with you old fan that strict carelessness from a person who has no other excuse is really inexcusable. Completely agree on that account, sometimes it really is because of laziness etc.

Back to the topic of the thread anyone?

Last year the Cats had Fortin in his first season after spending 5 at Laval and being drafted in 2011. This year Gascon-Nadon drafted in 2012 and will be a TiCat. Laval Rouge et Or are a dominate CIS football program using execusion and dominatation of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Both play outside as DE’s and should add Canadian content to the Dline rotation and make the position a ratio spot. Peach, Bordouex, and even Peguese from a loaded line at BC give the Cats some great choices at DE. With the first Pick in the draft the Cats could very well take Linden Gaydosh who is predicted to be the most ready to play DT in the draft contributing more than just on Special teams the Canadian Draft top picks are now becomng players who can step in right away and contribute o Offense and defense as part of a Dline rotation or a startin OG. I would be curious to see how many Laval Offensive and defensive Lineman are in the CFL and how many or either starting on the O line and are starting or part of the Dline rotations. The cats may lose out on 2012 draft pick LB Plesius who may have benefited from this season and land a spot on an NFL roster. The Rouge et Or helped Plesius out by placing him on coverage special teams also a very important skill that the NFL is looking for in LBs in their 1st season

I like to have a quick strike element too but can you really count on a runningback for that when you’re looking for a comeback? You want to throw the ball in that situation, not take a ton of time off the clock hoping your RB breaks one free. I think if your RB has done a good job controlling the game like he’s supposed to while adding a balance to the pass attack you won’t find yourself looking for a comeback as much as you would with a back who breaks into secondary occasionally but can’t get you the first down on second and 3.

Having said that I think you meant that the quick-strike RB takes a little pressure off the passing game in a tight situation, but I think the cons outweigh the pros. I hope they keep Cobourne around for another year because I’m not sold on Walker and Mallet is injured.

The draft could go any number of ways. I still like Sewell with his size to potentially be a starting tackle down the road. He is also from Ontario, so less likely to want to move back closer to home. I will throw this it out there as a longshot, if Plesius is a sure to come to training camp and Bo Lokombo doesn't get drafted by the NFL or invited to training camp he could be a good pick, where you'd have the 2 of them providing depth at linebacker and special teams and in time one or possibly two ratio-changing players.